Hoboken, NJ

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CoralReef, Jun 22, 2009.

1. gaj

gaj

the surprising part is that it's only 2 of the last 3 hoboken mayors who have been criminally charged.

#41     Jul 23, 2009
  2. Relating to my earlier points. For some reason, some people like to live in more expensive places (like 6 people renting a small 2BR in Manhattan, at $5000 a month). Or a person making $70,000 a year who just has to have a Mercedes, rather than putting away money in a 401K, and struggling once retirement hits. I once had a friend at a tech company, who just had to have a new Lexus while their company was laying off in droves. I mentioned this to her, but she waid "I'm worth it." A few months later, she was laid off too. I hope she enjoyed paying twice as much monthly as someone else, who got a new, quality Toyota/Honda at half the price.

Glitz, glamour and "impress your neighbors/friends" ranks as one of the most futile efforts there is, usually done by people who have little idea why they are here on this Earth.

I would rather have money in the bank, and live a modest life, than spending everything that comes in and live "the life." A lot of people found this out the hard way the last 12 months.

You can find good restaurants, activities, people, safe neighborhoods, everywhere. Hoboken has its share of manure, just like everywhere else.

#42     Jul 23, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

You'd think so, but the same arguments were made in 91 and 02 when everyone's wealth was sapped then. And yet people will still go out and spend, spend, spend. There's a reason why advertisers pay millions of dollars to advertise during the Super Bowl - it's because we are a consumption society.

Remember, he who dies with the most toys WINS!!!

#43     Jul 23, 2009
  4. To my point earlier, how many times have you been out in Manhattan, met a nice girl, and had her back to your apartment in Hoboken for a cocktail? Just for the sake of convenience, I wouldn't trade my years of living in the city for the couply hundred / month I could have saved while living in Hoboken.

#44     Jul 23, 2009
  5. Incredible nightlife

[​IMG]

#45     Jul 23, 2009
  6. Atticus,the "Heat Mizers" above look more like Staten Island/5 boros trash that contaminate the jersey shores in the summers....Hoboken is Yuppie central.

#46     Jul 23, 2009
  7. LOL Atticus.

Is that a collage from Hot Chicks With Douchebags?

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

Spooz Top is right, most of those D-Bags look straight out of Staten Island or Bayonne. Thankfully Hoboken only gets them on Saturday night at the new W Hotel (during the winter). In the summer those knobgobblers head straight for Seaside Heights N.J.

#47     Jul 23, 2009
  8. Ha, I was IN Hoboken in April at the W and there was a group of 5-10 of them in the Chandelier Room wearing white shorts and dagos. In April. Apparently I missed the migration by a few months.

#48     Jul 23, 2009
  9. are those the oompa loompas from charlies chocolate factory???

#49     Jul 23, 2009
  10. Wins what? I don't see a U-Haul behind the hearse... :D

#50     Jul 23, 2009