Hoboken, NJ

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CoralReef, Jun 22, 2009.

1. RobtF

RobtF

Hoboken was named as the "best place to live" for single people over 30 by CNN/Money for two years in a row.

There's more. The Governor, John Corzine (divorced, I think), has a condo there when he's not in the capital. Must be a reason.

#21     Jun 24, 2009
  2. There are a significant number of decent places in JC and the Path train from Journal Square or Grove Street also goes to Manhattan quickly. And the Light Rail runs the entire length of JC.

Don't just drive through, try having lived there. Hoboken is "forget owning a car and pay throught the nose". JC has Lincoln Park and Liberty Park, which are far larger than any park in Hoboken. JC has a huge amount of bars and ethnic restaurants compared to Hoboken.

#22     Jun 25, 2009
  3. RobtF

RobtF

That's right - and Journal Square will be re-developed. JC will rise again (no pun intended).

http://www.thenewjournalsquare.com/html/JS_Redevelopment_Plans.html#80

#23     Jun 25, 2009
  4. sps_45

sps_45

Lived in Hoboken 3 years now. Fun place with lots to do. My roommate is moving out Aug 1st. PM me if interested in a room for rent.

#24     Jun 25, 2009
  5. gimp570

gimp570

ton of traders in nj

#25     Jul 6, 2009
  6. I have lived here for 9 years, and have two cars.

Hoboken may be expensive compared to JC, but you get what you pay for.

I know a few people who moved from JC to Hoboken, but never heard of anyone moving from Hoboken to JC.

JC simply doesn't compare to Hoboken. Not even close.

#26     Jul 6, 2009
  7. Van Vorst park area in JC is great, the financial district is nice and safe and the rest of JC is a fucking shit hole.

Hoboken is much much nicer, maybe somewhat more expensive but come on guys, we are traders. If you cant pony up the money to live in Hoboken as opposed to JC you are not elite and are hardly even a trader so why are you even here! :D

#27     Jul 6, 2009
    #28     Jul 7, 2009
  9. 1) My guests park right in one of the many garages in and around my building.

2) You are the only poster on this thread that seems to think JC is as good as Hoboken. Everyone else knows that JC is mostly a slum with a few nice areas near the water.

3) If you like wearing girdles, please don't do so when you come visit Hoboken. :)

It basically comes down to a money issue.

Your argument is the same as saying Brooklyn is just as good as Manhattan because Manhattan is so much more expensive.

Hoboken is more expensive because people are willing to pay more to live here than in JC.

#29     Jul 7, 2009
  10. martymjp

martymjp

There is really not much comparison between Hoboken and JC. I cannot imagine why anyone that has a decent income would want to live in JC. It is an undesirable place in mind.

#30     Jul 7, 2009