Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 377OHMS, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I took an introductory diving lesson in St. Thomas years ago. I loved it.
    I intended to get certified but never got around to it. If I lived closer to the ocean I'd follow through.

#11     Mar 1, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

What are you...a fugitive? :D

#12     Mar 1, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I am the son of the guy they talk about in the Dos Equis commercials..... :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9bgs8GxkN8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9bgs8GxkN8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

#13     Mar 1, 2012
  4. If you go somewhere like the Caribbean where you have 100'+ visibility I'll bet you won't feel claustrophobic at all. Best way I can describe it is, it's like flying in slow motion in another world. Because you don't have to go around things, you can go over them and in any direction. One of my most memorable dives was over the edge of an underwater cliff... was a few feet off the bottom and as I went over the edge it briefly felt like I was going to fall.

#14     Mar 1, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

LOL Maybe in your dreams. I read what you write here and it's not really that interesting! I'll go with Lucrum's guess. :D

#15     Mar 1, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

:D

#16     Mar 1, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Thx, I appreciate the advice....

#17     Mar 1, 2012

8. So . . . no need to cross the road when i see you ?

Maxi , could you post a pic of the Rickshaw plane luke is building, OHMS wants to see it.

#18     Mar 1, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

None of you guys except pspr collects things or does anything in the house or shop? Ok.

Sports:

I cycle and ride the Multiple Sclerosis 150 mile race every year usually in Seattle.

I helicopter ski and do some backcountry skiing. We hardly ever go to a regular ski resort anymore.

My girlfriend of a few years was a dive-master at the Dive & Surf in Redondo Beach and she had enough horror stories that I've never gotten certified. I just snorkel out to the dive site and then free-dive down for a few minutes at a time using scuba style flippers and a mask/snorkel. Saphire Bay on St. Thomas is a favorite spot.

Do some longboarding but haven't been out yet this year (the water is really cold this year).

I race offshore in PHRF-G with my father a couple of afternoons a week.

#19     Mar 1, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Looks like you and I are the only collectors of things here! :D

I'm surprised RCG doesn't collect various antique enema devices. :D

(Sorry, I had to slip that in.)

#20     Mar 1, 2012