Hoadley Trading & Investment Tools... ???

Discussion in 'Options' started by cdcaveman, Jul 18, 2012.

1. All my friends are IT wizards.. I'm gonna look in it...

#41     Jul 28, 2012
  2. My first question would be which DB technology would the most languages/ applications most easily hook into...

#42     Jul 28, 2012
  3. To start, you do not necessarily need a database. I can see that some people would use one though to good advantage. I did not.

You can just write out all the data to a flat file using the API.

After all, you do not need historical data - just data from today.

However to be honest it has taken me many days of work to do it in CTS T4 in a comprehensive manner. (I cannot undertake to share the code unfortunately).

#43     Jul 28, 2012
  4. wow i just talked to my friends for hours about this stuff... we talked about everything from the problems with uptime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability

to how much information accumulates and how fast per how many stock options series you insert into the DB. i speculate theres alot of information in the tick my tick trade / volume data in options that is valuable more then the person that said all you need is EOD data realizes..

#44     Jul 28, 2012
  5. well either way the level of complexity grows quite quickly.. i was just thinking that it should be simple to collect data daily and insert it into a mysequel microsoft db on the instriments i follow and really get down to the nitty gritty with stuff

#46     Jul 28, 2012
  6. i'll tell you i've always used Mysql ... i'm not sure why in this case i would need to use Ms Sequal server.. seems kinda stupid.. i already know Mysql.. and inserting comma delimited, tab delimited information is relatively easy.. still thinkign

#47     Jul 28, 2012
  7. a5519

a5519

So you start a thread asking the opinion about a commercial tool and then start pumping it. Very "smart" resellers approach.

#48     Jul 28, 2012
  8. I'm a 34 year old young guy with no direction.... I'll sell you on something if your interested. ;). Haha

#49     Jul 28, 2012
  9. Besides I was thinking out loud.. I haven't failed at trading and started selling scams .. I'm no jerk off

#50     Jul 28, 2012