Hoadley Trading & Investment Tools... ???

Discussion in 'Options' started by cdcaveman, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Quandl is a really great thing..

#101     Feb 23, 2014
  2. Brighton

Brighton

It is and according to this article, they don't house the data (a surprise to me); their secret sauce is building and managing the links to the data repositories and then presenting the query results to the user in several standard formats.

http://www.waterstechnology.com/ins...tartup-quandl-launches-web-data-search-engine

They have to make money eventually, though. Their website says they pay generously and offer stock options, so sooner or later parts of the site are going to be fee-based. I hope the government-supplied energy prices and EOD prices from the exchanges remain free or low cost. We'll see...

#102     Feb 23, 2014
  3. Mazurek

Mazurek

4. I met the founder at the R-Finance conference in Chicago.. talk to him for quite a while. I hope the thing works.. It's an empowering idea really.. They cache some of the stuff where it makes sense.. but more or less its just a well kept index of public data.. I really like the idea because it centralizes alot of data and enables access on many different platforms. I use the Quandl package for R...

#104     Feb 23, 2014
  5. xandman

xandman

#105     Feb 23, 2014
  6. Mazurek

Mazurek

Not yet actually. I've talked to them. They plan a release within 3-4 months. Looks good anyway.

#106     Feb 23, 2014
  7. just21

just21

How much will options workbench be?

#107     Feb 23, 2014
  8. xandman

xandman

Hopefully, we got some members to do the beta testing. Though there might be a no disclosure agreement.

#108     Feb 23, 2014
  9. Worklive

Worklive

Hi everyone, even though it's been 10 years now since this discussion I still try:

Do any of you still use Hoadley's Software Option Strategy?

I bought it and I'm trying to link it to my IB account, but I'm not getting all the data correctly...

IB support as always leaves something to be desired and the owner (if he is not dead) does not respond to emails..

Thanks for anyone who wants to answer..

Max

#109     Jan 13, 2023
  10. Adam777

Adam777

I talked to him about a year ago. I doubt you'll get any support as he doesn't make much from it, but I'm sure others here who use his product will be able to help you

#110     Jan 14, 2023