hmm... [today's rally]

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, Jun 15, 2006.

1. thorn

thorn

well said Frank. This rally has me so giddy, I cannot tell you.

It's too bad my thread from yesterday was deleted in which I called a bottom (with volintes help) with s&p @ 1221. What a call that was.

#11     Jun 15, 2006
  2. how far do you see this thing going thorn? I think, all of a sudden, from ultrabearish, I'm turing into quite a bull on this rally. I dont think this is a headfake at all... plus this bounce was in sync with the bounce in asian markets.

#12     Jun 15, 2006
  3. Feel free to correct me but isn't the usual scenario for the markets to fall once a tightening cycle is finished!!!! no?

#13     Jun 15, 2006
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Rally or bounce? Isn't it typical to be down 8 days & up 3 days in down trend? CNBC was talking about it is better to form a bottom than rally like today. It could be sold hard down again.

This is option expiration week. Option market makers have already closed most of their positions yesterday. Some indice option expire in the end of today & settled with tomorrow morning's price. Some indice & all stock options expired tomorrow. It is not good days to trade today & tomorrow unless you have fast fingers.

#14     Jun 15, 2006
  5. lol. the permabear is flopping.

#15     Jun 15, 2006
  6. I think the Fed will be finished for a while after the June meeting. The market is the best crystal ball there is.

#16     Jun 15, 2006
  7. thorn

thorn

I'm the furthest thing from a permabear, amigo. How else have I made $$ for 11 consecutive yrs, and 43 of 44 quarters??

ps. I know you saw my thread yesterday where I called a short term bottom
    @ 1221. Unfortunately, the thread was deleted when volinte cried about it.

#17     Jun 15, 2006
  8. thorn

thorn

I'll have to get back to you on that on monday. Let's get past options expiration first. My loose estimate is that this runs out of gas @ 1265-1275.
    I appreciate you asking.

#18     Jun 15, 2006
  9. actually, i didn't - I only saw the thread where you were calling for a bearish week:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68940&perpage=6&pagenumber=31
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70912&perpage=6&pagenumber=7

one of the things i've learned: the people that need to boast about their track record are the ones that need to, else no one would notice.

#19     Jun 15, 2006
  10. thorn

thorn

yeah yeah yeah. Speak englishe?

I said the thread was deleted by the moderator, so PM him and ask. I called the bottom within 1 pt of it. I started the thread with s&p @ 1221.

ps. about 30 ET members voted in the poll, so I know a bunch of you in the "trading" section saw it before the thread was deleted.

#20     Jun 15, 2006