Hmm. Can they reliably track your spending patterns for tax evasion?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I know this is the UK but does the IRS do this as well?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...717894/Tax-hitmen-to-track-your-spending.html
    By Robert Winnett9:32PM GMT 02 Dec 2012

Tax hitmen to track your spending

Up to two million people are to have their credit files secretly checked under a crackdown on tax evasion to be unveiled by George Osborne to help raise another £10 billion.

Credit reference agencies will cross-check details of the income people declare on their tax returns against their spending patterns to identify “high” and “medium” risks of both illegal and legal tax avoidance.

People identified to HM Revenue and Customs will then be subject to more detailed investigations. About two million people are expected to be scrutinised under the programme, which may lead to privacy concerns.

2. pspr

pspr

I don't think that would be legal in the U.S. But, as we know, this government is above the law.

3. Pretty scary. Governments all over the world are hammering the productive class for more and more money, this can't end well.

4. The IRS used KeyLogic transaction mining programs in 2004 and possibly later so that road has been traveled already.

5. BSAM

BSAM

And they say North Korea's a bad place.

6. Damn ,I'm gonna have to shut down my twinkie smuggling business.