HLV West Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ladavis23, Jun 21, 2006.

1. megadon

megadon

anyone who really trades big money does not want to be registered.........if your registered you can not trade many things ex ipos and secondarys.........if you are registered its far more likley that at some point you will be charged with breaking some securities law.......then you have to pay the lawyers big bucks......m

#21     Jul 18, 2006
  2. megadon

megadon

hlv will have a very fertile enviorment because the traders are not registered .......besides no one wants to get registered it costs money and time again and again...with classes and continueing ed and all that .........................and florida is the place no heating bills or the costs of winter clothes ....and gas food everything is cheeper....schools for kids all cheeper.........................the weather for 10 months is perfect for 2 its hot ...................rent and housing cheep ........no stupid tolls and all that expensive commute costs............its great to go to the beach after trading in january and get out of a convertable and check out the swimsuits .......just great m

#22     Jul 18, 2006
  3. kbeck

kbeck

?? not sure the point of "cheep" does this mean that florida people are going to get involved with anyone just because they are cheaper? my friends in florida are some of the smartest people i know and some are registered traders?? i didnt want to register for college and take classes so i guess is should have just bought a degree online. college costs money as do licenses for doctors and lawyers and traders. how is that wrong? maybe you're just making a sarcasm here.

i guess florida people will go to unlicensed doctors for their surgery and to unlicensed lawyers for their last will and testaments too. doubtful. registration with a regulator allows some recourse if they do something wrong or run off with your money. in chicago i am finding several good and licensed firms to associate with. i hope to get past all this soon when i make a decision.

k

#23     Jul 18, 2006
  4. That's a really foolish statement you just said. You said "nobody wants to register because it cost money"

It's going to cost the traders alot more money in attorney fee's and aggravation of being parted from their hard earned money when the unregistered broker decides to close his doors and file bankruptcy. The trader will never see their money again and the SEC will not be able to help them get their money back. Nobody will.

#24     Jul 18, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

Lived there fifteen years. Costs may be cheaper than New York, but not versus rest of country. Replace heating bill with air conditioning bill. Weather is not perfect for ten months out of year. Try five and a half. Rest of year it is hotter than hades. Going to the beach is nice, though. :)

#25     Jul 18, 2006
  6. caru423

caru423

Who cares about being registered is a popular response . I dont care either way. I do think there should be a way to hold a company responsible for you deposits like SIPC OR FDIC these prop firm/ hedge fund/pro home remote trader should take out insurance on your money. As long as the SEC and the NASD are on the outside which is where they should be we shuold act in an honorable fashion. HLV seems to have been good about your money, they have a few rules about redemptions and that is to protect them. However the pooling of funds to trade with leverage requires the close scrutiny of each trader a risk magage ment tool ( which they also have I hear). So far I think they are a good firm but need to have a longer record and get out of this little funk they should do fine and I feel safe with them. Hope I am not blind.

#26     Jul 20, 2006
  7. Don C.

Don C.

Ladavis23.....

This thread sure did take off on an unexpected (i'm sure) tangent that had nothing to do with the poor guys original question!!

Yes.. HLV has an excellent training program.
    Yes.. You will have to pay for it.
    Yes.. You can then trade the firms $$
    Yes.. Like anything else, it's ultimately what you make of it!!

There are plenty of prop traders at HLV printing money. Will you be 1 of them? Who knows? Training prepares you, but guarantees nothing. Want safety? Home Depot's hiring. You have to take a shot to see if you even have the aptitude and ability for this business and it's better to have some guidance and comraderie at a prop shop while you learn and gain experience as opposed to blowing 50 grand via trade-station while sitting in your spare bed-room. :cool:

#27     Jul 20, 2006
  8. megadon

megadon

as far as registration of any kind please see todays journal.....c3 upper left hand column....title........SOME HEDGE FUNDS PULL SEC REGISTRATION PLANS......SO WHY WOULD ANYONE..... BE SUBJECT TO ROUTINE EXAMINATIONS IF THEY DID NOT HAVE TO........the guys run millions even billions and basically they do not want to register ....so why should you.......also these hedge funds dont seem to be to worried about raising capital because their not registered...........hlv is in a prime position why should the just let the regulators just examine them routinley....for what .......then they can start asking their traders certain questions about trades they made that those traders would have to answer.................oh yeah great fun..........m

#28     Jul 20, 2006
  9. megadon

megadon

and i still say the weather in palm beach is fantastic ....for 9 months ...................thats why its palm beach.............you can swim in the ocean every day of the year........its magnificant.......when you do the math ..i mean sit down and do the math on the tax benefits over a 5 or 10 year span its unbeatable ...it is the best place to trade ............in the usa

its also a great place to raise a family and buy real estate ahead of the baby boom.......florida is their number one place to retire.....m

#29     Jul 20, 2006
  10. megadon

megadon

hlv now has appx 20 pro traders in palm beach......it should be a great group this fall ......thats enough to create a really active office.......i hope they get to 100 traders in that location ....if so it would be a great place to trade.......m

#30     Jul 25, 2006