HLV Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by joeyc, Sep 12, 2005.

1. laurek

Well said I am glad I was not the only one to see through his nonsense. (lets see if he continues to post as "the friend of a friend authority" that he wants to be. Or will he just DROP IT now that his hand was caught in the cookie jar so to speak?

#31     Sep 20, 2005
  2. Dude, you do not know what you're talking about.

HLV either funds traders which is a separate deal or you put up ur own 5k and negotiate a competitive deal. Only idiots would agree to give up 10% of their profits if they put money down. But when you put zero money down with no experience, you do not have much say in your deal and the HLV deal is decent. As for the checks bouncing, I think that happened like once because the main account was not ready and the CEO wrote out checks from his own personal account the next day.

Omni Pro is a solid software, it is versatile (futures, options, equities) and one of the best out there since it hits almost every route available. It is not the most reliable like Carlin Trader (which is insured), but it has minimal problems.

Being licensed is stupid in this business nowdays. NASD is just a bunch of shyesters that leech out your money & set more regulations. You do not need to be licensed to get more leverage anymore, those days are over.

#32     Sep 20, 2005
  3. Just posting a fact of what a friend had told me! you almost sound like you work there that you are defending a fact. My friend jsut told me that HLV has bounced a check on him, is that made up? Anyway, think what you want but, this is a forum for traders to speak freely and openly. I am just stated a fact that I was told. I'm just looking for a ligitiamte firm to trade at. Anyone have any suggestions? thanks. BBT

#33     Sep 20, 2005
  4. Ok I do not work there, I did about a year ago. My current group does have a clearing arrangement through HLV and I chose to use OmniPro so I do have an account there. I'm just being honest and the amount of crap about this firm on this website is just shocking. I have not been wronged by that firm, in fact I was treated pretty well. You, on the other hand, are relaying information from your friend, that for all you know could be bullshit. Your friend sounds like a bitter sore loser and is trying distribute blame. You are not even a trader, so you have zero base to go on in order to critisize firms.

You want a legitimate firm, then let me suggest Hold Bros. since there have been very few posts about that sh*thole lately. LOL.

#34     Sep 20, 2005
  5. 2 hours ago, and 6 people responded within 2 hours, meanwhile there are only appox 40 post on this HLV thread.....I strongly believe Sortseller, daytraderpete, brokerboy, laurek, and hydroblunt are all the same person! All of a sudden6 different people post in two hours? lol there are only approx 40 posts on this whole thread. These person(s) must work there, because they are all defending facts.

Whatever.......

#35     Sep 20, 2005
  6. I truly think you’re a fool. I did not even defend HLV and wouldn’t. I know hydro is an independent trader and daytraderpete works at HLV. Get with the program retard and no firm shares in your daily down days. They only take there % monthly or when they cut a check.

#36     Sep 20, 2005
  7. I have been with HLV for almost 2yrs. I never said otherwise. If you new how to do a search you would have known that by now.

the last sentence of your post says everything............ "they are all defending facts"

Thats right I am speaking from fact. Is HLV for everyone? No of course not. Does every trader make money? no of course not, alert the media!

But what I can tell you is that we have prop traders who new nothing about the market 6 months ago who naow make steady money know their upside is only limited by their desire to improve. We also have plenty of traders with experience an their own money at risk who are very happy to be trading with HLV.

BB, if you feel that HLV is not for you, fine, get on with your life man. If you or anyone else wants to find out first hand about what HLV has to offer or not offer,come to the office or call.

Not sure what your beef is, but I hope you eventually find the firm you are looking for.

#37     Sep 20, 2005
  8. Does HLV have a proprietary group? I am looking for a new prop group because the fund I traded for closed.

I am in Southern 'California, and it seems real propreitary trading out here doens't exist like it does in NY.

Does anyone have any info. on HLVs prop program (yes I can call them and will tomorrow), or on any other firms who have proprietary offices in southern california.

Thank you.

#38     Sep 20, 2005
  9. blueballstrader

Are you not aware that ELITE TRADER has a email notification when someone responds to the post?... we all get them at the same time. Before you continue to draw incorrect conclusions you should do some research, (Better then you think you have already done) and you can find out from old posts where I trade as well.

and it appears your adding to a losing trade as far as this post is concerned LOL.

#39     Sep 21, 2005
  10. newguy1

newguy1

I'll just come out and say that I used to work there. After about a month, I left to join a different group for xyz reasons.

I don't think DTP knows who I am, but I was in his training class. He's a good guy.

As far as people making money, I was one of them. Out of 1 month of trading nt, lu, q, ect...I only had 1 losing day: a -3 dollar losing day. I was netting 50 bucks using only 1000 shares by the last week of the training program, and all my days prior had a net of 30-50 using less size.

I saw people make money there with my own eyes...I remember this guy who started throwing around 10k orders after only 6 weeks, making 96 net per trade, a few times per day. (no losses)

If you already know how to trade, I think the commish structure there is fantastic. Its the lowest thing i've ever heard of. Compared to where I'm at now, its absurd.

If one day I became an independent/retail/arcade trader, I'd strongly consider going back to them, just because the commish is so absurdly low.

The one beef I had prior to leaving, and this wasn't the main reason, was the tech problems. Our platform would either freeze or go down a MINIMUM of twice a week. My last week there, it went down 8 times ( 3, 3,2,) in a few days.

Aside from that, I think its a fantastic way to learn about the importance of order routing/reading the tape/l2. Its funny because the place I'm at now, I just take the ask if I want to buy something and I could care less about where I get filled. But I've still taken some valuable lessons from HLV and I still use it to trade...like the lunchtime chop....some people say you can't trade it...well I don't think those people have ever sat at HLV for 30 days trading a stock that moves in a 1 cent range.

The "chop" on KLAC or GOOG isn't really that hard to trade after you've been trading LU.

Bottom line: my experience there was not bad. If you're one of those people that thinks everyone is out to get you, you won't fit in anywhere. Just accept the fact that the glass will never be 100 percent full or empty; just find the right fit.

hope this helps.

#40     Sep 21, 2005