HLF

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Apr 26, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhhhh,.... (wave of hand).... "all hat, no cattle".
    But I'm a sport Mav... if it hits $85 by the Fourth of July...you get a steak dinner.

#71     May 22, 2017
  2. RRY16

RRY16

Don't let the Super Terrific Happy hour short it then it might hit $85

#72     May 22, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. $HLF as a hedge ackman should start their nutritional program. If he goes broke at least he'll be healthy

#73     May 23, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

"Its OK.... You can owe me"! :D

#74     May 23, 2017
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don't you wish you had the balls to short it at 73.50? I bet your wife does. :)

#75     May 23, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its not a matter of balls,... its a matter of liquidity bro.
    There's a reason I made that post yesterday out of the blue after 2 weeks of dormancy on the thread... I knew it had topped. How did I know? That's the proprietary Zandy secret swag. :sneaky:

So be nice.... until I get a job with the likes of Bobby at Ax Capital, I'll continue to share.

I sure hope you and Surf bought some SJM when I told him (and the PBHFA) to last week at $124.... it took out $128 today.

#76     May 23, 2017
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D :D
    Reuters) - Herbalife Ltd (HLF.N) said on Sunday it expects current-quarter revenue to fall more than previously expected, after sales were hurt amid efforts by the nutritional supplement maker to comply with regulatory requirements related to its business practices.

Shares of Herbalife were down 5 percent at $70.25 in premarket trading on Monday.

The company said it expected sales to fall 2-6 percent in the second quarter ending June 30, a steeper fall than the 0.5-4.5 percent decline it had earlier expected.

Herbalife said sales were hurt by the impact of new technology and tools that were put in place to better document sales following an agreement with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

The company also blamed softer sales in Mexico for the new forecast.

Under a July 2016 agreement with the FTC, Herbalife agreed to pay $200 million and change the way it does business to avoid being labeled a pyramid scheme following criticism of its sales methods.

The settlement had come as a blow to billionaire investor William Ackman, who had accused Herbalife of being a pyramid scheme.

At the time of the agreement, Herbalife had a massive network of independent distributors selling powdered shakes, vitamins and other tablets designed to help people manage their weight, boost energy and calm stress. Under that business model, some people got more money for recruiting new distributors than selling products.

Among other requirements, the FTC had asked Herbalife to ensure that 80 percent of its annual sales were from documented purchases of nutritional products by consumers.

The company said on Sunday 90 percent of its U.S. sales last month represented such purchases.

Herbalife also said it now expects adjusted profit of 95 cents-$1.15 per share for the second quarter, up from an earlier forecast of 88 cents-$1.08 per share.

(Reporting by Subrat Patnaik and Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair and Sai Sachin Ravikumar)

#77     Jun 5, 2017
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

And you're not even short....shame.

#78     Jun 5, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Can't play em all bro. No shame in being right.
    I don't think we're gonna see $85 though like you said.
    No shame in being wrong either Mav. Go easy on yourself eh? :D

#79     Jun 5, 2017
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

We'll see 85 then 100. Stocks don't hang out at the highs that long to go lower. This will be another bear trap.

#80     Jun 5, 2017