HLF

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Up 4% in AH on eps. There you go big guy. Let us know when you get your fill. :)

#31     May 4, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

I told you they would beat and the stock would jump.
    Did you see the revenues? YOY?
    I'll let you know when to jump in.
    They don't don't call me Van Axlerod for nothing. ;)

#32     May 4, 2017
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

66.70 offer...come on hoss....times a wastin. Let's not try to split pennies here. This is the short of a lifetime! Are you really counting pennies here? :)

#33     May 4, 2017
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know what, you are going to wait till it comes 3 pts off the highs and then say you shorted the top tick. Just so you understand the rules, your official price for this thread will be time stamped to your post. You already missed a dollar. Better get movin...

#34     May 4, 2017
  5. ironchef

ironchef

#35     May 4, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Mav Mav Mav....
    You should know by now I don't play that way. Come on bro.
    Aside from the time required to login here... my calls are real time. And I have plenty of losers to show for it.
    Like I said... I'll call the entry when its right.

#36     May 4, 2017
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Two pts off the highs now. We have to work on your trade execution bud. :)

#37     May 4, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Only suckers trade after hours. You knew that right?

#38     May 4, 2017
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Three points off the highs....

Look, you need to chat privately with Rearden Metal. Probably bar none the best execution trader on ET. He can help you out. You absolutely should have had offers out. I would say 90% of the time the AH high marks the swing high in any stock for the next 5 sessions after an earnings release. You scale into that print and see where you are in 3 days. If you are in the money, stay in the trade, put your stop on the swing high and call it a good go. Chances are, you will not be stopped out. Now you are going to have to either watch this trade fall without you or sell down 4 or 5 pts off the highs and hope you don't get a re-test. It's just bad execution.

I don't trade equities anymore but I use to trade 500k to a million shares a day back in the days when RM was doing 4 to 5 times that. I have a pretty good read on execution. You really messed this up. The AH is the BEST time to scale in because you get so many good prints. Tomorrow I assure you that you will have no such opportunities. But take me up on the RM PM. He'll tell you how he would have traded it.

#39     May 4, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its $68.40.
    Its still too risky to take a position. Better to wait until a reversal is confirmed. My experience has taught me never to short a stock that hits its 52 week high after earnings. Suckers play. jmho

#40     May 5, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.