HL Camp, Program trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bigspeculate, Sep 20, 2018.

1. He has a very good reputation among people who use it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2019
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

many commercial traders take their service. i worked at several large firms that used their service and and was their go to. i studied their materials and fax service for many years and found things like oddlot, pc ratio and other models much more timely myself. but i think they are the real deal service, too many big guys take the service. kinda like marc chaikin, ned davis you have money you take their service. tom demark tried to bust into that realm but failed as well as many others.

3. Any way I can get more info on their service? A sampling of what they offer would be helpful

4. Our firm has taken HL Camp's research and seminars for over a decade. I can't agree that it is pricey as we have been taking their research at a very decent rate of $25/day, and we have program trading reports tonight (for trading tomorrow) as well as their chat service in real time. If you are an active trader with your own account, or working for a prop firm trading the firms funds, then it is mandatory to know what the best program trading firms like UBS or Goldman normally do each day and with which stocks and options they are doing it. We use HL Camp and Ned Davis (both from UBS in the 80s) for this in our business. We are paying very close attention to every buy or sell program the same way they have and always will.

If you are looking for a place to start I would go here: http://www.programtrading.com/buysell.htm
    That is the page we landed on our first time too. Program trading is 75%+ of the daily volume every day, and since the NYSE stopped reporting the volume in 2016 (https://www.nyse.com/markets/reports) you would have to be tracking it yourself in order to know that now.

As far as an ugly website vs. a flashy website with a bunch of junk on them, well, you can find plenty of that on retail websites across the internet. Many of them offer a hundred ways to make money, or whatever get rich quick topic is in the news as well. I've seen some of those same trading websites (trading platforms) freeze when the market goes to crap.

It's been true throughout my life that professionals don't care what anything looks like, only that it works and that it never breaks. Everything that we run on including their chat service is working just fine at those times...thought i'd shed some light on this topic and hope it helps some of you in the future.

5. Thanks for your posting.
    Is there any way to get a sampling of their reports?

6. I wouldn't hesitate to contact HL Camp on their website. You would likely hear back right away.

7. HL Camp’s seminars have a lot of great information that you can’t find anywhere else. No one that I have met at the seminars has been unhappy with the information given and most of them return to future seminars.