HK online brokerage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by moneymonkey, Jul 28, 2006.

1. jebara

jebara Guest

www.boom.com

They are based in Hong Kong. They offer many markets in Aisa. They even have a Direct Access Trading Program. Check them out. They also open accounts for Americans.

#11     Aug 3, 2006
  2. No volume at all. 20 Bil HKD would consider tremendous volume for the whole exchange. Just google alone would do more volume in dollar value than that.

#12     Aug 3, 2006
  3. def

def Sponsor

There's plenty of volume and plenty of trading opportunities. Passing on an exchange or a product just by looking at the daily total turnover figure just limits your possibilities. Take a look at some of the charts of the H-share stocks and you'll see what I mean.

FYI, IB will be offering HK stocks at some point in the near future. (I don't have a date yet so I can not provide any further info).

#13     Aug 5, 2006
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Any plans for Taiwan or Korean stocks?

#14     Aug 5, 2006
  5. yarozo

yarozo

yes hk market is very tradable, if you get a hang of it. I am watching HSI future closely, trading day pattern alone looks good. However, it seem all the online broker sucks. so I have no choice but to go with IB. they really have to do something with the industry tho.

for your information, you can open an account without going there. I did it with SHK online. you just have to MAIL them your docs . But they only accept funding from HK local bank under your name tho.

#15     Aug 5, 2006
  6. yarozo

yarozo

Oh by the way regarding shorting. I actually mailed and asked SHKonline on how to short a stock since they did not have the short order for me online. they replied that you have to open up a special account and call your broker when you want to short.......WTF......
    I asked around and it seem the locals hardly short stocks. what a great exchange for the crooks and that is why it is tradable.

#16     Aug 5, 2006
  7. That would be great news. :D

#17     Aug 11, 2006
  8. However HSI futures has low volume. That means you can't trade big, or your order will move the prices (costs).

#18     Aug 11, 2006
  9. =================
    Q: Excuse me! Do you offer stock shorting?

A:
    Most frequent responses:
    - Man! It's illegal!
    - what's the hell is it?
    - Sorry! No way!
    - Yes, but you have to buy first before shorting.

(Oh no! :eek: )
    ==================

You get the idea now. :(

#19     Aug 11, 2006
  10. def

def Sponsor

The market may not be showing 100up but you can easily fill 100 futures without much impact on the market.

#20     Aug 11, 2006