Hizbollah guerrillas captured two Israeli soldiers and killed up to seven Israelis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 12, 2006.

1. The game is the same - the Left hates inequality more than anything else.

Nazi thinking, anti-Nazi thinking....same thing, Nik! Don't you get it?

Utter bullshit.

Any normal human being with common sense can say that Hitler's morals were inferior to most peoples'.

#21     Jul 13, 2006
  2. PLATO2

PLATO2

Good job Hezbollah!

Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan are pretty much all the same country. They are artificially created after WW1 and should all be part of Syria like they have been for hundreds of years. The Jews must realize that killing Arabs in Palestine is the same as killing Arabs in Lebanon or Syria. They can't expect to kill Palestians without the Lebanese Arabs responding to it. Israel will never be able to destroy the de-centralized Hezbollah. No matter how many Maronites will sympathize and support Israel, Hezbollah will always remain a pain for the Zionists!

I can also understand that if the Lebanese Shia youth watches this kind of Television programming, they will not feel much pity for the Zionists.

#22     Jul 13, 2006
  3. My belief is that genital mutilation, bride burning and the murder of young women who have had pre- or extra-marital affairs in Islamic culture are absolutely wrong and immoral.

Will you please state unequivocally, now, that you feel this belief on my part is unsupportable and is simply the result of 'moral superiority' and the need for an 'ego boost'? Will you please state now, here, unequivocally, that the practices I just mentioned should not be universally morally condemned on the grounds that we must 'practic(e) a live and let live philosophy'?

#23     Jul 13, 2006
  4. My belief is that genital mutilation, bride burning and the murder of young women who have had pre- or extra-marital affairs in Islamic culture are absolutely wrong and immoral.

So you have stated your belief system, how nice.

I believe that is your belief system, yep.

I am not a moral absolutist projecting moral absolutes onto others, that is God's job, not mine....so again, as is so often the case, your question goes away in the same way it came....

#24     Jul 13, 2006
  5. Okay, so you do not believe that those who carry out these acts should be the object of universal moral condemnation.

Thanks.

#25     Jul 13, 2006
  6. You are welcome.

The law requires no moral condemnation, only adherence to the law.

Moral condemnation is a judgment thingy, I'll leave that to God...

Okay, so you do not believe that those who carry out these practices should be the object of universal moral condemnation.

Thanks.
    [/QUOTE]

#26     Jul 13, 2006
  7. Yes, and for the young woman who screams in agony just before being consumed by the flames...nothing.

Your position is clear. The only thing that is difficult to believe is that you could simultaneously hold this view and accuse others of moral superiority. You couldn't make any statement which would throw into sharper relief your own arrogance.

#27     Jul 13, 2006
  8. Adherence to the law doesn't require moral condemnation nor arrogance.

Different societies have different laws and customs, many based on their own religious beliefs.

I don't believe in judging the religious belief systems of others, as I don't wish others to judge my belief system.

Now, if you are asking me do I favor in the US laws that protect women from harm?

Yes.

Do I need to condemn those who violate those US laws?

No, they will go through the justice system with our without my condemnation.

It is the arrogance of a society that feels a need to judge other societies and their values, laws, religions, customs, as inferior to their own, and then morally condemn them accordingly.

#28     Jul 13, 2006
  9. PLATO2

PLATO2

Women Circumcision is extremely rare in Islamic countries. While I don't think woman (or males for that matter) should be killed for engaging in pre/extra-marital affairs. I still think it's wrong and should be punished. I also think that the Talmud is far more extremist than the Koran.

Show me where the Koran says anything about Virgins in the afterlife. Only Muslims who studied and believe the Hadith literally (wich is not divenly inspired like the Koran) believe that Virgins are waiting for them in the paradise. Most Muslims don't.

#29     Jul 13, 2006
  10. If you are human, you make judgements about others' morals whether you admit to them or not.

Denial....

#30     Jul 13, 2006