Hitler and religon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Yah, since left wing editors at wikipedia said so, it must be true :D Except for the immigration bit, the platform is highly similar to the left wing progressives of today.. :(

#21     Dec 27, 2010
  2. I see that you have not even taken the time to understand the argument, let alone the distinction.

#22     Dec 27, 2010
  3. Now seriously, what about the items below (which is most of the nazi proclamation) doesn't nearly mirror the politics of the current regime?? Anyone who can't admit it is simply intellectually dishonest...

#23     Dec 27, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I never mentioned Obama, you just did. I was comparing the current democratic beliefs to the NAZI platform which is frighteningly similar. In some cases, almost word for word. Come on Gabby, admit it, military aside, your beliefs are almost simpatico with a majority of the "economic" beliefs of the NAZI's. I know you won't admit it, you would have to puke first. But deep down inside, you have to be re-thinking things much more closely now.

#24     Dec 27, 2010
  5. olias

olias

Even more to your credit you clearly stated 'Nazi-Fascism is a form of right wing totalitarianism'

these guys must have somehow missed the distinction between 'Nazi fascism' and 'fascism'. That's a pretty obvious oversight, but that they can't even admit their mistake is pretty sad

#25     Dec 27, 2010
  6. haha, modern liberal platform = nazi platform - racial and immigration issues

#26     Dec 27, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually, you got it wrong. It's NAZI-fascism, not fascism that is more like modern day liberalism. Gabby was actually correct about the broad meaning of fascism. NAZI-fascisim combined the democratic ideals that most modern day liberals adhere to with the power of the military to promote nationalism. But the policies itself are clearly leftist. That was the distinction.

#27     Dec 27, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Clearly leftist... you mean the entire population owned and operated the means of production?

#28     Dec 27, 2010
  9. Hitler Was a Christian

The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:

History is currently being distorted by the millions of Christians who lie to have us believe that the Holocaust was not a Christian deed. Through subterfuge and concealment, many of today’s Church leaders and faithful Christians have camouflaged the Christianity of Adolf Hitler and have attempted to mark him an atheist, a pagan cult worshipper, or a false Christian in order to place his misdeeds on those with out Jesus. However, from the earliest formation of the Nazi party and throughout the period of conquest and growth, Hitler expressed his Christian support to the German citizenry and soldiers. Those who would make Hitler an atheist should turn their eyes to history books before they address their pews and chat rooms.

http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."
    Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922

Hitler's Christianity

To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred.
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Claims from Christian apologists about Adolf Hitler being an example of the evils committed by secularism and atheism are effectively refuted by Hitler's own words condemning secularism and atheism.

Adolf Hitler: We Will Fight the Atheistic Movement
    We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933
    http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/HitlerNazisAtheismSecularism.htm
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    hitler was influenced to hate jews by the father of Protestant christianity martin luther:

Martin Luther's dirty little book:
    On the Jews and their lies
    A precursor to Nazism
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm
    Luther, a German theologian and religious reformer, initiated the Protestant Reformation and forever split Christianity from Catholicism. His influence extends beyond religion to politics, economics, education and language.

Walter Buch, the head of the Nazi Party court, admitted Luther's influence on Nazi Germany:

When Luther turned his attention to the Jews, after he completed his translation of the Bible, he left behind "on the Jews and their Lies" for posterity.
    -cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall's The Holy Reich]

Many people confess their amazement that Hitler preaches ideas which they have always held.... From the Middle Ages we can look to the same example in Martin Luther. What stirred in the soul and spirit of the German people of that time, finally found expression in his person, in his words and deeds.
    -"Geist und Kampf" (speech), Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf, [cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall's The Holy Reich]

Bernhard Rust served as Minister of Education in Nazi Germany. He wrote:

Since Martin Luther closed his eyes, no such son of our people has appeared again. It has been decided that we shall be the first to witness his reappearance.... I think the time is past when one may not say the names of Hitler and Luther in the same breath. They belong together; they are of the same old stamp [Schrot und Korn].
    -Volkischer Beobachter, 25 Aug. 1933, [cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall's The Holy Reich]

#29     Dec 27, 2010
  10. you cant even get this part right. maybe in sunday school you can just make shit up and they swallow it whole but you have to be a bit more careful with people who are able to think.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitler-Neither-Vegetarian-Animal-Lover/dp/0962616966
    Hitler: Neither Vegetarian Nor Animal Lover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (NaturalNews) It's common knowledge that Hitler was a vegetarian. Just ask anybody: They'll tell you so. Trouble is, the assumption is false. Hitler wasn't a vegetarian at all. Consider the historical facts:

• Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie ("game" meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures).

• Hitler's own chef openly talked about Hitler's love for stuffed pigeon.

• In none of Hitler's speeches or writing did Hitler state he was a vegetarian or speak in favor of vegetarianism.

• Hitler was regularly given injections of a protein serum made from the testicles of a bull -- not exactly a treatment that would be tolerated by vegetarians.

• None of Hitler's lieutenants were vegetarians, nor was vegetarianism promoted in any way in the Nazi party.

In fact, Hitler suffered from severe flatulence (where do you think the idea for the gas chambers came from?) and was advised by doctors to follow a vegetarian diet from time to time in order to calm the gas attacks. This is probably where the myth about Hitler being a vegetarian first originated. No doubt his lieutenants wanted Hitler to be a vegetarian; especially the ones seated closest to him at the dinner table.

Additional reading about the Hitler vegetarianism myth: http://www.vegsource.com/berry/hitl...

By the way, according to the above-mentioned article, the New York Times' definition of vegetarianism includes cooked ham. I suppose if you define vegetarianism as including cooked ham and sausages, then sure, Hitler was a vegetarian. But you'd have to be a numbskull to adopt that definition in the first place.

Speaking of myths about Hitler, it turns out Hitler wasn't an atheist, either. As he stated himself in Mein Kampf (1925): "I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."

Nazi soldiers wore belt buckles with the inscription Gott mit uns (God is with us), and they routinely engaged in religious blessings of the troops by invoking the power of God at the Catholic Church.

Hitler wasn't a vegetarian, but he was a Catholic (http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl...).

Does this mean anything to us today? Nope. Opponents of vegetarianism or atheism are always pointing to Hitler as an example "proving" how wrong-headed those philosophies are, but it's just meaningless talk. I just pointed out that Hitler was actually a meat-eating Catholic. Does that mean that all meat eaters and Catholics are evil? Of course not.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/025163.html#ixzz19L9GmxSO

#30     Dec 27, 2010