Hit the Bid, take the Offer... ??? the Ask?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by kmiklas, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Yeah..missing the move sucks. I am learning that MNQ has too high of commish to do scalping with...better with NQ mini.

I trade different systems when the market is ranging verses trending.

Es

#11     Dec 2, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

In my view it simply has to do with the nature of auctions, because a bid is the same as a buy or sell price. Somehow the sell price got conjoined with "offering" to sell at a price.

Meanwhile, bidding is an offer to buy at a certain price, but not an offer to sell? It's all fubar in my view. Terminology like this is best left to people who can make money defining these terms.

#12     Dec 2, 2019
  3. It's terminology that's specific to a given domain or profession, so the terms have meanings that are different from common usage. Not very surprising or even odd; most professions do the same thing. I'm a sailor, and we have some really wonky usages, and even stranger pronunciations of common words... anyone who's ever griped a boat against the pudding after making off its painter to a stanchion will know what I mean.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    #13     Dec 3, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Here, old man. Remember this shit? :)

#14     Dec 3, 2019
  5. Fvck's wrong with you young children, listening to that whiny crap? What is that, the Bee-Gees in disguise? Give me my Lynyrd Skynyrd and crank up the Mojo Man, and I won't need to take my rifle up any towers.

#15     Dec 3, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Fuck you my friend! ROFL

#16     Dec 3, 2019
  7. Hehe. Give me that "old man" crap, and I'll take an axe handle to your colon!

(That was cool. Larry Fine, what a trip!)

#17     Dec 3, 2019
  8. 2FT

2FT

That has been a pet hate of mine for a long time.

"He was selling the motorbike for $10,000, but I offered him $9,000".

No buddy, you bid 9 at 10 offer.

fck!

;)

#18     Dec 3, 2019
  9. TommyR

TommyR

the estate agents says he has a good offer on the house. they confuse themselves a lot with 'the offer'. they never know which way the offer needs to go because they have two clients with offers. this is why they always need to go away and check for an hour if one offer moves.

#19     Dec 12, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. TommyR

TommyR

i just put in the highest offer on ebay. but the best offer that would be accepted was higher so it didn't sell. what? thanks for that.

#20     Dec 12, 2019