hit my goal, now what???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ballstowall, Dec 31, 2007.

1. I think that early retirement is in the cards for you!

#31     Jan 1, 2008
  2. Gordon Gekko:
    It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another. :D

#32     Jan 1, 2008
  3. If you're going to be trading intraday you have to be able to filter out the 'noise' or 'bullshit'. If you can't see the bullshit in this guy's post, for your own financial safety you should stay out of the financial markets.

If you had done what he's claiming to have done would you be asking complete strangers if you should quit?

#33     Jan 1, 2008
  4. The odds against that someone suddenly made 800% and then 500% after only losing for years have got to be astronomical.

#34     Jan 1, 2008
  5. hajimow

hajimow

I believe the thread did not go as the starter planned. He expected to be asked. " Congratulations, please please tell us how you made such an incredible return" and he would come back with a statement like:
    "Well, because you are begging, I should say that I used the following website:
    www.HowImade800percentgain.com !!
    It is only $100 per month.:D

#35     Jan 1, 2008
  6. 11Blade

11Blade

Well sounds like you have a working strategy, there is a couple things you can do..

1. write a book - haunt elitetrader about it and claim that its the next "Reminisces of a Stock Operator" - oh wait you'd have to blow out your 3.7m on a small cap first...

2. sell your strategy on how you want to make "me" rich.

3. sock away 2 million in physical gold in case of hyperinflation because that will only buy a loaf of bread soon.

4. or just continuing trading with say 1.5 million and continue your extraordinary run for 20 years and land yourself in Warren Buffet's bathroom.

#36     Jan 1, 2008
  7. put it all in PAL - and watch the sucker run

(just kidding)

#37     Jan 1, 2008
  8. Ya ever notice how the OP on these outrageous claims threads rarely, if ever, continue posting to the thread. Some guy makes an unbelievable claim or takes some controversial position on something, and the next thing you know, there is page after page of posts. Not from the OP, but from everyone else. I truly believe people start these threads just to see how far it will go. :confused:

#38     Jan 1, 2008
  9. Like I said in my original reply....If he is serious then he is perhaps the BEST TRADER ON THIS SITE AND ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD. 800% per year is 20% per month compounded with no draws. Sounds great in theory and sounds possible but you definitely would be the best and you would not need advice from this board.

#39     Jan 1, 2008
  10. This is priceless.

Good stuff!

Good Luck!:D

#40     Jan 1, 2008