hit my goal, now what???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ballstowall, Dec 31, 2007.

1. i don't care about the numbers. the bottom line is that if you feel what you are doing is unsustainable then quit while you are ahead. obviously, you feel a good amount of doubt about your potential to improve/sustain your trading since you are writing a post about quiting now.

if your trading is sustainable then you don't need to risk your whole entire account. just trade with 250k and put the rest away.

#21     Jan 1, 2008
  2. Just so you know...I was being sacastic:D

#22     Jan 1, 2008
  3. LOL. My Bad. you got me..... LOL...

Enjoy the year.......

#23     Jan 1, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

Congratulations !!!!

Buy a modest house or pay off your existing mortgage, buy a brand new reliable car for cash.

Continue to trade with the rest.

When your hot your hot and it's time to milk it.

:cool:

#24     Jan 1, 2008
  5. cstfx

cstfx

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, from personal experience, if you hit a goal for yourself, don't sit there and say "Now What?"

Back in the 90's, I wanted to hit a certain goal before the 30th b-day. I didn't see past this goal. Once achieved, I was sitting there with my thumb up my ass asking "now what?" It took the 4 years to recoup what I lost lost in the first 6 months after hitting this goal because I did not have a plan.

#25     Jan 1, 2008
  6. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Wrong! Plenty of people retire young and give back to society by volunteering and giving time & money to worthwhile causes.

30 posts in just over 1/2 day --- get a life. Go watch one of the bowl games or do something useful. Some of the drivel you've posted today shows how little you understand the financial markets.

#26     Jan 1, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

easy, withdraw all except 125k and start it over again.

#27     Jan 1, 2008
  8. 3 mil at 5% is $175K
    Bank it and trade with the rest.
    Start a Paltalk room and drink beer or smoke pot during the trading day and charge for your service, have some fun with your success.
    Or you could hire me as your money manager, and I'll start a Paltalk room and drink beer and smoke pot during the trading day and charge for my service and call you every day to tell you how your bank is doing.
    It's up to you, make a decision, I don't have all day.

#28     Jan 1, 2008
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

If you are talking about retiring, you must not love what you do. Therefore, yes. Retire.

I will be trading in some way or another until I am dead.

(But I also notice he still hasn't responded to any of the replies. was his post just for fun?)

#29     Jan 1, 2008
  10. You know.. That thought had crossed my mind. LOL. But it's nice to read the different opinions and goals people have. Such a diverse group here at ET.

#30     Jan 1, 2008