History of the Income Tax in the United States

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Those must be the same stupid folks that keep sending incompetent and corrupt career politicians to Washington. All the while ignoring what they're doing to literally destroy this country.
    Probably also the same people that pay absurd ticket prices to see their favorite sports star/entertainers. Who IMO also make some rather outrageous incomes. For nothing more than playing a GAME or MAKE BELIEVE.
    We reward CEO's that have run a company into the ground with the equivalent of a lottery win.

I think our priorities are fucked up.

#31     Nov 6, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

And what are we now, since Little George Bush divided it???

Shouldn't only people in red states be getting taxed right now???

Is Barack Obama the next "Lincoln" who brings the nation back together???

#32     Nov 6, 2008
  3. why hasn't anyone pointed out that if you punitively tax all of the ceo's then the obvious next thing to happen is that no decent company will go public, and one by one all of the existing ones will go private to pocket the profit. you can get as pissed at ceo compensation but if you started a company and were making 3 mil a year before you went public, you'd never go public and just take the slower growth and privacy- thus shutting the smaller investor out of a lot of good investment opportunities

#33     Nov 6, 2008
  4. jd7419

jd7419

Your argument is too logical therefore liberals can't understand it.

#34     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Cesko

Cesko

No it's not good.
    No need for stupid degrees to figure it out. Check the world trend of cap. gain tax rates for example. World figured it out. Asshole Obamarx and company still hasn't.
    It's about fiscal responsibility isn't it? So how about privatizing postal service?
    Huge wastefull chunk of government gone and we get cheaper and better service. Imagine how much efficiency would be gained. Now the question who would have a problem with this solution? And these obvious people who would be against it, can you say they are serious about fiscal responsibility? FUCK NO!!!
    So does anybody really need 2 years to figure out whether it's good or not?

CUT SPENDING OR TAX INCREASE.
    Gee what a puzzle.

1+1=2
    I think it's correct but I better think about it.

#35     Nov 6, 2008
  6. Well said. If Democrats cut taxes and spending, there would be a mutiny at the Dem headquarters.

#36     Nov 6, 2008
  7. one by one the politicians try to stamp out anyone making money, pulling it instead to their coffers to decide how much they should skim off the top before ineffectively redistributing it. look at doctors, for all intensive purposes many young doctors now fail to meet ends meet, graduating 200k in debt and going to work for an HMO hospital often times salaried at under 80k / year if greed didn't choose their specialty for them. lawyers still make money (some of them atleast) -- but we can't go after them too much as they ARE the politicians. the only way to get ahead now is by getting an education and (previously running to wallstreet who knows where now) now with college tuition rising the average private school costs 150k+ if you can manage to get out in 4 years- more if you don't plan well. state schools are getting worse each year as well- so now the only way to invest in yourself is so costly unless you get a great job out of college you are in the same struggling boat giving 33% of your after tax / rent income to student loans. i'm glad i made a killing in the last 18 months in the bond market as i'm not sure how freshly graduated students can hope to break through this glass ceiling

#37     Nov 6, 2008
  8. Cesko

Cesko

What else is a fucking tax than cost for a business? It's only good if it pays for maintaining of law, order and some infrastructure at most(generally speaking). No need to argue what essential government service means since we are far beyond that anyway.

#38     Nov 6, 2008
  9. The figure is 50% when all taxes are considered.

#39     Nov 6, 2008
  10. even worse i guess- i'm more depressed now, i'm gonna drink a 312 and try and figure out how to get a liquor license in chicago to start a new hindu-liquor mart

#40     Nov 6, 2008