History of the Income Tax in the United States

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Nov 6, 2008.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Our so called "leaders" speak.
    With words they try to jail you.
    They subjugate the meek.
    But it's the rhetoric of failure.....

Sting / Police

Actually, the Fair Tax plan isn't a protest; it is a legitimate plan / organization that is dedicated to reforming the tax system in the USA.

#11     Nov 6, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

Punative tax rates??? What exactly are you saying here? That someone who is ultra successful, should be punished?

It's no suprise that you are in the DC area.

#12     Nov 6, 2008
  3. Ever seen the tax code? It is a growing creature currently 17,000 pages long, and would take 1200 hours straight to read once. I know tax attorneys at $900 per hour that haven't even read it all, let alone understand it all. There are portions the IRS cannot even explain although they printed the damned thing.

The IRS cannot be reformed. It must be dismantled, or nothing will change with taxes.

#13     Nov 6, 2008
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Exactly. That is what I mean in my use of the phrase "reforming the tax system".

#14     Nov 6, 2008
  5. just21

just21

An alternative to the fair tax is land value tax. Tax land owners and not income earners.

#15     Nov 6, 2008
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Are you being serious?

#16     Nov 6, 2008
  7. I think he's going to f... around with the mortgage deduction, calling it closing a loophole, and screwing homeowners.

btw, I did vote for him, so I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Seneca

#17     Nov 6, 2008
  8. This would be more equitable since wealthy folks buy land and buildings. It would eliminate income taxes for the lower class.

#18     Nov 6, 2008
  9. If you voted for your own tax increase, you must be a very successful trader.

#19     Nov 6, 2008

10. Is this good? Is this wise? Is this beneficial?

#20     Nov 6, 2008