History is laffing at the USA's stupidity :) :)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by deadbroke, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Can the FED force banks to lend AND people to borrow even if it pours on the credit spigot?

NO

#11     Nov 14, 2010
  2. QE is neither cause nor solution - it is, in the end, quite irrelevant.

#12     Nov 14, 2010
  3. is "laffing" some kind of reference to the laffer curve or do you simply not know how to spell?

#13     Nov 14, 2010
  4. lol. Always go with your gut

#14     Nov 15, 2010
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

The latter (not Laffer).

This thread has nothing to do with taxes, and I really don't think there was a subtle suggestion that the U.S. should focus on taxes vs. monetary policy or anything...

#15     Nov 15, 2010

6. spelling has never be'd my for-tay :) but "laughing" would not be appropriate given that its not right to vaudeville about such a serious state of affairs - hence the junior and mirthless "laffing"

:)

#16     Nov 23, 2010
  7. And add to this with more experience on the ground after a long absense from statside ....

the country is loaded to the hilt with flakes and losers NOW. These be showing up everywhere and are easily spooted and noted when they begin every sentnce with, "when I had the big contracting jobs ........... "

America ... the TOP be in for centuries. Who be the next super?

I don't really give a flying fck!!!

#17     Nov 23, 2010
  8. Since cats were much more common than turkeys, had the forefathers hunted cats instead, we'd be eating pussy instead for Thanksgiving.

Even that they couldn't get right.

And what's worse, even after 200 years they still CANNOT correct that original error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now one expects them to handle the GREATER DEPRESSION right????????????????????????????

:)

#18     Nov 25, 2010

9. CLINGING TO THE TOP ..... is what the phenomenon is called and YOU have inadvertently voiced what the majority think.

This is a common sentiment at major TOPS, especially one of this magnitude given that its a MEGA TOP.

You see, the HERD cannot relinquish a sentiment that easily. THEY CLING to it because they EXTRAPOLATE an extant trend to infinity. Very easy to witness this at ET. :)

Its only after considerable damage has been done on reversal they they relent and throw in the towel - and then BLAME the blacks and mexicans. :D :D :D :D

#19     Nov 25, 2010
  10. laffing so hard it hurts ..... the fckin arrogance of americans is stellar - morons to the nth degree and living on hot air for 100 years and just can't give it up and live on real earnings and WITHIN ONE's means

A married couple from an upscale area in CA meets the dead and broke one as the lad's Ma is Deady's pal. Ma told Dead, "I've never called in a favor, but I'm doing so now - help me _ , they're destroying my peace of mind"

These cats have 2 teenage kids - houses on mortgage galore, ultra-expensive cars galore, the dude lost his job 2 years ago, only the wife still works and has already taken a pay cut. The 2 kids are in Lalaland.

The drinks and dinner went well. Then Ma nodded to me = signal to do my thing ....

Dead hammers them hard .....

"why don't you arrogant nitwits sell the fckin house and cars, cash out, pay off your debts as much as you can RIGHT NOW and simultaneously move to cheaper quarters as renters? And get a job, any kind of job immediately. Put these useless kids to work asap - at Macky's if necessary.

Said his wife to me ... "how dare you talk to us like that?"

Replied Dead, "Ma is my friend, you're killing her fast, that's why! She has put me in charge - when you call her for money from now on, you will be dealing with me. Insults have only just begun. It gets rougher from here on out. Ma will tell you that I'm her only friend of particularly intemperate disposition and she only calls me in when things have gone beyond desperation"

"START NOW!"

Fast forward to last week ......

all the pricks have jobs and an apartment has been lined up.

Whew!! :D :D :D

#20     Dec 11, 2010