History and Movies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jan 21, 2012.

1. On the topic of the movie I wont see it because of Terrence Howard,he annoys the hell out of me .I wont look at any move he is in

Lucus should have spent a few bucks getting Will Smith to star in the movie and he would have had a blockbuster on his hand

#51     Jan 22, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hear ya.

#52     Jan 22, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

I didn't really like it, it felt wrong for reasons I cannot exactly articulate other than symbolism and jingoism turn me off.

I think Obama is a guy who means well as he understands the world. He is in love with his image and isn't nearly the intellectual as presented, but he does have a good side. The problem is that I don't share his worldview on some important issues and the policy response.

#53     Jan 22, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nope, that would be Erich "Bubi" Hartmann Of Germany (352) , Tetsuzo Iwamoto of Japan (80+), Hans Wind of Finland (75), Ivan Kozhedub of the Soviet Union (62),Constantin "Bazu" Cantacuzino of Romania (62), Richard I. Bong of the USA (40), Marmaduke 'Pat' Pattle of S.Africa/RAF (40+), Pierre Clostermann of France (33)...

Oddly enough I don't see Lee Archer mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces

#54     Jan 22, 2012
  5. You keep coming back to that statement. Is that Harvard woman correct in your mind? Is the real intellectual inferiority in your mind? If that's what you're saying, just say it. No holds barred here it seems, why beat around the bush? Do you think whites are superior to blacks, intellectually or scientifically, or what?

c

#55     Jan 22, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

Niners- Giants tied with 3:00 to go.

Two great conference championship games. What a football day.

#56     Jan 22, 2012
  7. I dont think anybody said Archer was the greatest,just pointed out he is an ace

#57     Jan 22, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

damn, i wanted Niners

First of all when I saw that woman was an attorney I stopped reading, get the picture?

We currently have no exact way to quantify raw innate technical cognitive abilities other than testing. It's not perfect. All testing to date shows blacks underperfom in math and science. All real world experience and outcomes say the same thing even under conditions where all the so called variables of environmental disadvantage are removed.

So it is cannot perform or will not perform?

Will not is an option, but unlikely. It would have to mean some sort of mass conspiracy to underperform.

If it is cannot, is it genetic? We currently do not have the scientific ability to answer that. I can tell you though that any such study will be HIGHLY politicized. The human genome diversity study that was done at stanford was attacked immediately as being dangerous. This is a possibility and a very dreadful one. It means we have a permanent mad and dumb underclass.

If it is cannot but not genetic- then you can only point the finger at blacks themselves in my opinion. All studies show that it isn't poverty to blame (logic says that as well). Here however is where blacks say racism and I say they are culturally flawed.

So you use the word inferior, ok, but what is the difference? Inferior in the sense they do not perform? yes they are and that's not my opinion, that's just the facts. I only care about results.

#58     Jan 22, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#59     Jan 23, 2012
  10. Mav88

Mav88

cgroupman,

I have a question for you. If some genetic study showed that sub saharan blacks do have lower inante cognitive ability with say mathematics (statisical sense of course), what would be your reaction?

#60     Jan 23, 2012