History and Movies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Decent opening weekend box office gross for Red Tails: $19 million. The production cost was $58 million (plus another $20-30 million in promotion/advertising).

As a general rule, films that have an opening weekend box office greater than 30% of the production cost end up making a profit over the long run.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

#31     Jan 22, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

IF I'm not mistaken they did have one ace. (I saw him interviewed once I think)

Given the large numbers of accidents in that era their kill ratio may actually have been even less than 2:1. Which is not very good for the time. Although I don't like making conjectures like that.

#32     Jan 22, 2012
  3. Are you, in your own way, saying something like this?

"Harvard Student Says Blacks Genetically Inferior"

http://www.growtheheckup.com/2010/04/harvard-student-says-blacks-genetically.html

c

#33     Jan 22, 2012
  4. #34     Jan 22, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not to change the subject but is there some part of her assessment which is flawed? Forget bleeding heart political correctness for the moment.
    It's a fact of life that sometimes the truth hurts. Personally I think our society is far more thin skinned to painful truths than we were even just a couple of generations ago. But I digress.

Just for the sake of argument, even if a particular group of people are inferior on average in one particular area. It doesn't necessarily mean they are inferior overall.

#35     Jan 22, 2012
  6. Another possible area of agreement. When talking statistics and racial groups, there are certain areas where one may do better than the other, I'll but that. In the long term time frame, I think we'll all end up pretty close.

edit: my response was to Mav88, still curious.

c

#36     Jan 22, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Dead? :D

#37     Jan 22, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Obvious whoever that is referring to intellectual ability and boy I sure hope not. Do you understand the serious implications if they really are? We know they are superior athletically and nobody seems to question that.

The question is then why blacks are constantly underperforming intellectually? The liberal experiment has failed, handouts and preferential treatment has not solved this problem. The incessant rants about racism will not solve anything. The only way blacks will achieve anything is if they do it themselves like everyone else has.

#38     Jan 22, 2012
  9. The Tuskegee Airmen are some of the greatest fighter pilots in aviation history.Its clear some people have a problem with that because they were black

#39     Jan 22, 2012
  10. Mav88

Mav88

Lucas put up $93M, so Lucas will lose money, good! that lefty asshole deserves it. Keep in mind this project is over 20 years old, and it came in second place to some movie which is a lame sequel about some vampire woman (Underworld Awakening). Lucas has certainly lost his touch. Also blacks were encouraging attendance for obvious reasons

Read more: http://www.essence.com/2012/01/19/real-talk-four-reasons-you-should-see-red-tails/#ixzz1kEbZfy8X

#40     Jan 22, 2012