Historical Russell Index Constituents

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by jharmon, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jharmon

jharmon

Hi everyone,

I am seeking data on Russell Index Constituents prior to 1990 for research on stock market crashes and corrections. Unfortunately Russell no longer provide it on their site.

If anyone has any saved PDF or other documents providing such constituents I would love to hear from you.

Cheers,
    John.

2. Russell 2000?

It will be very difficult to find a list of components from 1990; Russell makes it hard to find a list of the current 2000 symbols.

And if you do find the '90 list, as many of the companies will be long gone (delisted, merged, ...), it will be even more difficult to find their daily price data.

3. jharmon

jharmon

4. orani

orani

Hello,

if you finally managed to find some historical list could please share it by MP because I am looking to find this information and it does not seem easy to find.

best

5. tacosplz

tacosplz

I am looking for this data (historical Russell index constituents from inception) as well. I have constituent histories for other indexes from their inception that I could trade for this data.

6. tacosplz

tacosplz

Does anyone know if Bloomberg terminals provide historical Russell index constituents, and if so, how far back?