Historical Futures and Forex Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by 4EXJOE, May 24, 2010.

1. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

Hey has anyone ever used the data from disk trading?

http://disktrading.is99.com/disktrading/

I have read on another forum that it is just OK, though there are some gaps and patches. I'm not trying to optimize or create a strategy with it... just trying to get results of some existing stuff.

Looking for forex and electronically traded futures data.

I am usually of the school that you get what you pay for, but thought some here may have had experience with it.

Price is right...

Thx.

2. zastro

zastro

I have used them in the past and they were ok. No data is perfect. My big problem with is99 was the layout. Pain in the a** to work with.

I am currently using a mix of anfutures and pitrading historical data and am satisfied overall.

Finding the right provider is a little trial-n-error depending on your symbol and markets requirements.

Good luck.

3. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

Sorry should have been a tad more specific. I'm looking for tick data that I can use with Ninja trader.

Any other comments or sources would be appreciated.

As a side note, I can't get access to the anfutures site. I get a message that says "access denied".

4. zastro

zastro

5. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

Yeah I'm aware of tickdata, but was hoping for something more "cost effective", meaning cheap.

I realize that you get what you pay for...

6. zastro

zastro

Not many tick providers when searching.

tickplusdata.com

I have never used them so do your research.

Tick is always going to cost more than intraday (minute+) so first make sure your application needs tick level prices.