Historical Earnings reactions data on stocks?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by MaxT, Jul 10, 2019.

1. MaxT

MaxT

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend good sources/sites for historical reactions to earnings?
    I understand they are not indicative of future results, but I do want to see what the average move is the next day and what the largest potential moves are.

I found stockearnings.com (paid, but fairly cheap). Not affiliated, just the one I found so far.

Is there anything free? Anything better (around the same price range)? Is anyone using the one above?

Thank you.
    Max

2. %%
    Most of the max moVe , Max, is all ready in by earnings day/ except exceptional earnings;+except exceptional tech /trender$ like TTD.
    I have no idea what the average is; i record enough averages like SPY + QQQ which tends to trend above aVerage............................................................................:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::caution::caution: NOT a stock tip,not long TSLA

3. comagnum

comagnum

From my experience, the prior earnings reactions in the equity price can provide some decent clues as to how large the move may be if there was an earnings breakaway gap(s) within the last year.

Think or Swim - Analyze/Earnings/Compare (see bottom - 8 quarters price moves 5 days before & after earnings) upload_2019-7-10_14-21-53.png

4. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

Stock earnings.com is WAY over priced for what you get. Optionslam is your cheapest option 29.99 a month and they are very good for the price!
    Orats is another great source but they are a bit pricey (worth it).
    I am also providing an earnings data service. If your interrested send me a PM and I'll let you take it for a spin.

5. Matt_ORATS

Matt_ORATS Sponsor

Thanks TheBigShort. My firm ORATS publishes free content on the Option Insider and our twitter @optionrats. Here's today's tweet. Our data API has historical earnings moves going back to 2007. Here's a link to some of the data headers. If you are not a programmer, you can download an Excel sheet and see the data. We have a bunch of earnings articles on our blog too. I hope this helps.

6. MaxT

MaxT

Thank you comagnum and TheBigShort, I'll check this out in ToS and I'll take a look at Optionslam.

Appreciate the great responses.