Historical earnings dates

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitro, Aug 29, 2011.

1. nitro

nitro

Is there a website or a file that I can download or screen scrape (I program) where I can get historical earnings dates?

Thank you.

2. Bob111

Bob111

3. nitro

nitro

4. Bob111

Bob111

it's a piece of cake. just keep changing the ticker at the end of URL

5. nitro

nitro

Works great! :cool: :cool:

Thanks again.

6. nitro

nitro

This is annoying:

http://www.fulldisclosure.com/company.asp?client=cb&ticker=orcl

They list every date for each sub-company of ORCL earnings. That means I have to look at the Event title field. But wait, the event field doesn't call the company ORCL, it calls it Oracle. Sigh, now I need a map from symbol to name to filter those that are not the holding company :(

7. nitro

nitro

Is there a site that I can screen scrape that will give me the

Symbol
    Company Name
    All sectors it belongs to

?

8. Yahoo Finance might be OK for Symbol and Company Name. Just change the date in the URL, for demo I changed it to August, 30 2001

http://biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/20010830.html

9. nitro

nitro

Thanks. The other site is easier since it just lists all earnings, historical or otherwise, all on one page. Now I am looking for Symbol->Company Name map (and if it includes sector(s) memership, big bonus.)

Note that I don't want to enter a symbol and have it return the company name. I just want a big page or file that shows them all (although I may have to settle for the former :( )

10. Easiest is to run =BDS("AAPL equity","ern ann dt and per") or =BDS("AAPL equity","earn ann dt time hist with eps") in Excel on a machine that's BBG-enabled -- returns a column of dates and other info. There are other field that pull all reporting tickers for a given day, if you want to aggregate timeseries-wise rather than cross-sectionally.

#10     Aug 30, 2011