historical dataset exchange

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by gammavol, Jan 17, 2021.

1. gammavol

gammavol

Dear all,

I have an unusual proposal. I am looking to beef up my personal historical research database (see for example my recent thread on high frequency options data). Would any of you be open to exchanging a particular dataset? I am looking for a number of equities and derivatives datasets relevant for US and EU markets, the history must cover a few years at minimum.

In exchange, I have a number of historical datasets relevant for equities/ETF/mutual fund trading research. A dozen datasets weighting several Terabytes in total and depending on the feed: US, Global, daily frequency, intraday frequency, high quality market data, alternative data.... I am open to discussion on how we perform the exchange technically. I am also open to paying you for one-off access to your dataset for download.

Please PM me if interested.

2. You offer something everyone can download for a reasonable amount of money and want something that is extremely pricy. Good trade for you, poor trade for the other side. All this ignoring that you are violating exchange agreements. To sell those data you need a data redistribution license. If you care about acting legally of course.

Gary from QUODD likes this.