Historical Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Strategery, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Does anyone know of a site that provides free downloads of historical data? I am looking for something like 10 minute chops of the DJI stocks and the DIA going back to Jan 1 04. A friend here had Tradestation, but he cancelled it. :(

Thanks

2. Bob111

Bob111

you may try to get free trial with qcharts, download whatever you need,then-cancel it.

3. alanm

alanm

How far back does QCharts intraday data go?

How about other vendors (i.e. who goes back the furthest)?

4. ellokn

ellokn

For intra-day data, try tickdata.com, which I think is the most comprehensive data set available.

You might also want to look at Prophet.net for end of day data.

Good luck

5. Tickdata.com way too expensive.

QChart says it goes back 6 years

http://www.qcharts.com/plus.asp?soac=

Can anyone who uses QCharts verify it's really 6 years of intraday 1 minute data?

6. alanm

alanm

I guess I should have said "who has data that's affordable for the average retail trader" :) TickData.com doesn't quite fit that bill if you want more than just a couple of years or symbols.

Looks like Prophet.Net is $40/month for "Gold" membership, which you have to have to download data. The query form lets you choose 1 year of as small as 1-minute bars, but the package descriptions for their own charting says you only get 60 days, so I don't know which is correct.

myTrack's intra-day charts go back 30 days for "Gold" members - also $40/month.

Looks like eSignal goes back 60 days for $69/month.

Anyone else got more data?