Historical Data for Corporate Bonds

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Zemysto, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Zemysto

Zemysto

Hi,

I am looking for historical data for bonds (US corporate above all, but also non-US corporate and treasuries if possible).
    I would like to be able to simulate the valuation of bond portfolio in the REAL historic conditions.

Does anybody have an idea how to get REAL historical quotes (and not simulated ones) without using Reuters (or Bloomberg)?

Of course, I am looking at time for real historic trades AND not expensive data :cool:

Many thanks in advance.

2. Bob111

Bob111

3. Zemysto

Zemysto

Thanks a lot Bob.

I am looking for HISTORICAL trades on these corporate bonds.
    When I say "historical", I mean 10 years minimum : I would like to be able to simulate the valuation of bond portfolio in some REAL historical situations of the last 20 years.

Of course, being able to valuate some bonds which are no more traded would be even better (Let's say that I want to see the trades of all GM bonds in 1987...)

- I already know InvestingInBonds, which is very useful, but this website does not provide historical prices of more than about a year.

- I do not understand how you get historical bond data on Yahoo!Finance. The graph provided is the graph of the stock, not of the bond...

- The NASD Bonds website is usefull to find data on bonds, but not to find historical data.

- What about QCharts.com?
    Do you mean that QCharts provide the investor with historical bond data on charts?

I already use eSignal, but they do not provide any usefull data/charts on corporate bonds...

4. Zemysto

Zemysto

Hi.

No other ideas, by chance? :(

Thanks a lot.