Historic intraday data for minis - free hosting

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by hrokling, May 2, 2006.

1. I want to get my hands on historic intraday 1-minute data for the ES (just 2 years or so), and to make it interesting I can offer up the following:

I have an account with servage.net that has 600 GB of transfer per month, which allows me to host the data free for everyone to download. I can make an ftp-account for someone to upload it, and then create a link for everyone to access it.

As long as we keep the amount of symbols limited I could add a few more symbols I guess. If possible I'd then like the DAX and the Eurostoxx50, in addition to the CME Euro FX contract.

Let me know in the thread or by PM, and I'll sort it out.

If you're a Tradestation-user, then it should be possible to just access the symbol and save it out as a file.

2. mineyours

mineyours

Anyone able to help?

3. you need to realise that many people (me included) pay large sums of money to acquire good historic intra-day data. there is little incentive to then make that free to everyone else.....

4. mineyours

mineyours

Thanks for the reply. I understand your position.

From my point of view as a novice/impoverished student, if anyone is able to help it would be very much appreciated.

All the best,
    mineyours