"His worth has fallen to about $4 million from a peak of about $100 million."

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 20, 2009.

1. No one is DC or the cocksuckers on wall street are accountable for their actions. Obama will soon take care of them.

#21     Aug 22, 2009
  2. sad news. hope mr mcafee gets his money back soon

#22     Aug 22, 2009
  3. when you have 100 mill you focus on preserving your wealth - not gambling to increase it. a conservative portfolio would have been down 20-40% leaving him with 60-80- mill. guy is a dork.

#23     Aug 22, 2009
  4. new$

new$

#24     Aug 22, 2009
  5. Yeah, like those asshole traders that just about blew-up AIG & the global financial system...

They only got $168,000,000. Black Bush really showed them!

#25     Aug 22, 2009
  6. Absolutely.

Plenty of rich people who relied on their bank (everything is AOK! Forget about the 30% drop a day in our stock!) or privat banking personal (lol) has gotten slaughtered over the last 18 months.

The money manager that handles my grannies account wanted here in the summer of 08 to buy bonds in Icelandic Kronas (wtf?) cause of the high yield or buy bonds of Merrill Lynch (surelly one of the US it's biggest banks can't be in that much trouble...).

If I didn't waste my time watching Peter Schiff and Jimmie Rogers on youtube the crook would have gotten away with it....:p

In my view the financial sector is facing a chalenge just as lifetreathening as the music sector with the arival of the MP3 and the outcome will be the same.

It's to late for the boomers to get it right but the next generation....

These old dinosaurs will die and nobody will mourn them.

Why should people listen to some pencil likker trying to make a commission when you can get personal financial advice from the top 10 worldwide in finance.

And sure it's not to say you will hit the jackpot this way but hey proof is in the pudding and they at least called the terrible state financial institutions where in (the most save perceived sector of them all) long enough for people to get out and I for one couldn't thank them enough for that.

#26     Aug 22, 2009
  7. If you hadn't noticed, Obama is continuing every republican agenda and pushing it down the throats of the democrats

The only change in DC is the color of the skin of the president.

#27     Aug 22, 2009
  8. Most of these cocksuckers don't know their ass from their mouth. Similar thing happened to my family members.

The first thing I warned them was : You really think the fresh MBA graduate and recent hire at GS giving advice to private clients knows anything?

The little schmuck barely figured out how to use his dick correctly and here he is giving "sound" investment counseling to a 60 year old fellow who is a self made man.

The best route to managing private wealth is independent fee based Financial Advisory Firm

#28     Aug 22, 2009
  9. Strongly Disagree. Guys like McAfee were as greedy and dumb as the second mortgage borrower next door. How can you go from 100mn net asset to 4mn? It rather points to the fact that he was more stupid than most. Made money and lost it all due to greed. Why would you want to invest in Lehman bonds? LOL!!! I dont know a single guy who made it in finance who wants to take on additional exposure in financials. But I know tons of guys who bought short maturity government debt while they knew it yields next to nothing. But still better than smoking it by investing in real estate and other shady deals.

This guy is more pathetic than even some subprime borrower.

#29     Aug 22, 2009
  10. but at least this guy did something useful to make his money.

#30     Aug 22, 2009