His Job at Bear Gone, Mr. Fox Chose Suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hughb, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Nope and they often piss me off with their biased rhetoric, even if their heart is in the right place. I'm disgusted by all religions.

#31     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Not feigned at all.

I wouldn't think about killing myself over losing some materialistic trappings, and this guy's situation wasn't that bad ... it's hard to believe that he couldn't see a light at the end of that tunnel, there are so many who have it much worse.

P.S. Feel free to remove the stick from your ass at anytime. :)

#32     Nov 6, 2008
  3. Now there's a man who shares an honest opinion! :D

#33     Nov 6, 2008
  4. Does a person need to be "special" for you to give a shit? Yes, people die every day. People you don't know or know anything about. But you know this man's name. You know the rudimentary circumstances surrounding his death. No one is asking you to mourn him. His family and friends will do that. However, there is no reason to show cavalier disregard. Anyone can be brought to the brink. It all comes down to threshhold and circumstances. Someone people tolerate pain better than others. Plus, the report is that he was mentally ill. Imagine being brought to your own edge, whatever and wherever that might be. It must be a frightful thing coming to own's own breaking point. How some people here can judge and ridicule a man who looked into his own personal abyss and jumped in, and who has never harmed them, is beyond me.

#34     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Okay. My assumption, my mistake. As an atheist, I'm sometimes amazed by the utter disregard that some "christians" show toward others.

#35     Nov 6, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

Back to the comment that this is a weird story - yes it is. The thing that prompted me to post this was that his boyfriend would not call for help after he took a fatal dose of drugs. Can anybody here say that they would not have called for help in a situation like that? Well, after some of the callous comments here, maybe some could. But I couldn't even conceive of it.

Edit to add - The boyfriend went to Mexico. Is it a coincidence that Mexico will not extradite to the US if a person could face life in prison or the death penalty?

#36     Nov 6, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

why did you write anything beyond the 1st sentence. why don't you contact the family with your condolences. don't forget to inc. your posts on this this thread.

#37     Nov 6, 2008
  8. TT1

TT1

The overdose

A short while later, recalls Mr Philippi, he walked in to the master bathroom and discovered a dozen empty prescription-pill bottles on the countertop. Mr Fox had overdosed on drugs.

State medical records indicate that large concentrations of the tranquiliser Valium and the sleep aid Restoril were in his system that night, among other prescription drugs.

Mr Philippi says he wanted to call an ambulance but Mr Fox insisted he not. He says Mr Fox told him he wanted to die that night -- at home and not in a hospital. "How can you take me from my home?" Mr Fox pleaded, Mr Philippi says. He didn't make the call.

For the next several hours, Mr Fox lapsed in and out of consciousness, Mr Philippi says. At about 10:30 pm, after purging his system, Mr Fox said he didn't believe he was going to die after all, recalls Mr Philippi. Exhausted, the two nodded off around midnight.

Four hours later, Mr Philippi says he woke with a start. Mr Fox wasn't in the bed. After searching the apartment, he walked out to the 29th-floor balcony and saw a ladder propped up against the railing. Down below, he spotted Mr Fox's body, lying lifeless.

Question: Is Mr Philippi culpable or negligent for the death of Mr Fox?

Seems to me at the very least he is negligent, since he knew of the mental condition and apparant drug overdose, but did nothing to prevent Mr Fox's death. Mr Philippi did not call 911!

What say you?

#38     Nov 6, 2008
  9. hughb

hughb

That's why I posted this story, I was surprised no one noticed or commented on it.

#39     Nov 6, 2008
  10. Why did you bother to reply then?

Man, that stick must be hurt'in pretty bad right about now ... :p

#40     Nov 6, 2008