hiring and managing traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ironplates, Jul 11, 2013.

1. +10

#71     Aug 23, 2013
  2. Pretty hilarious thread. So you bankroll traders and buy them homes in the first year. Presumably a draw and a $500k home? How generous, Mr. Blankfein!

CVS calling with your Thorazine refill!

#72     Aug 23, 2013
  3. it is Handle123's operation, what business of ours is it what he is doing? It is his free will to do this.

I will speculate that the LLC owns the real estate, not the employee, therefore, the asset remains in the operation's hands.

My opinion is that helping employees grow is important and that holding so tight to employees MAY result in unintended consequences, nevertheless, this is his operation that he is running based on his own choices.

Certainly the feedback on the thread to his employee control techniques seems to be a normal response to the arrangement as seen from our vantage point.

It is possible for one to be lost and not even know it.

Again, it appears this operation is hiring employees and is not that concerned about talent, nor may it heavily rely on talent

My understanding is great traders cannot be hired and authentic relationships require hard work, risk, and letting go of control in some ways or another.

In conclusion, Handle123 has been open and transparent about his operations and to do that demonstrates an element of humility and courage to share his employee arrangement with this thread.

For such a contribution to my thread, I appreciate his sharing private information for the benefit of this thread and helping myself and others gain more of an understanding about this topic.

#73     Aug 24, 2013
  4. Too funny. There are those that know what it takes to run a business and then there are those that feel they are owed something throughout life and not work for it. We know the mold igotcash fits in.

#74     Aug 28, 2013
  5. 60/40?

You must be a shitty trader. No offense intended.

#75     Aug 28, 2013
  6. "You got cash" but you got no balls.. be a real man and be with a woman who is not with you for the money.. poor chump...

#76     Aug 29, 2013
  7. kent

kent

Question to Handle123
    >>

Nice to see your post on managing the trader/business setup. Thanks for sharing the info/setup. It doesnot matter whether it is true or not, it does sound like a solid plan. (based on posts who are not believing you).

You need not answer this if you donot want to.

Is the platform you use is MQL4? or Tradestation?

If you can automate the trading, curious to know about the need for 10 traders? Do they trade different instruments specifically/assigned to them or selected by the system?

Thanks

#77     Sep 6, 2013
  8. I can only write from my own experience. Hiring and training traders is very different from hiring and TRAINING traders.

If you are hiring a trader to teach him to trade, Why would you do that unless they are family or you are a scammer.

If you are hiring a trader to help you with execution or to follow a plan, then like any other job, you need to hire a competent well rounded person, if you hire a moron, you get poor performance.

Harbinger

#78     Sep 6, 2013
  9. Mandrykk

Mandrykk

#79     Sep 9, 2013
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Even for a shitty trader that's a bad deal...

#80     Sep 9, 2013