hiring and managing traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ironplates, Jul 11, 2013.

1. igotcash

igotcash Guest

500,000k isn't much for a top tier trader. my wife will divorce me if I don't make 650,000 and we almost broke up when my bonus was just under 200k last year.

I've seen 10 divorces and grown men crying after they failed to make 20k in a month. worthless humans. I hope their wives meet successful men. some guys even gained weight and this was the worst.

a normal pay package is 800,000 for a really good trader. and after taxes that isn't much cash. well, if you are single it might work.

might

#41     Jul 28, 2013
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

So they have 10 year obligations to serve you but your dont have ten year obligations to pay them.

Uh huh.

#42     Jul 28, 2013
  3. ammo

ammo

there is an option to say no,the contract protects his intellectual property,a lifetime of work,he's not foolish enough to give it away,he hasn't said so,but i'm sure they have attempted to figure it out,and if they do well,after ten years getting paid to trade his system,they surely will have learned by osmossis to trade on their own and have the means to carry it out...or get his assistance /expertise in implementing it

#43     Jul 29, 2013
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

So even if he fires them he pays them for 10 years to get out of the business?

#44     Jul 29, 2013
  5. ammo

ammo

All signed ten year contracts for receiving the base salary, did it this way so they wouldn't run off after learning entries, but they are unaware of exits, volatility, time, ranges, etc... Gives them security and gives me an idea if in eight years or less if I want to continue.

don't know from the info provided

#45     Jul 29, 2013
  6. are you German or why do you split hairs over word choices in every other post of yours? So what are your numbers? Obviously it depends on how you source your AUM. If its outside funding then you can hardly pay your traders > 20% as 80% most generally goes to your investors and you would like to generate some profit, too, after all your overhead, correct? If it is principal funding then you can go higher, like 30-40% tops. Anything else I would stay away from as trader because it sounds fishy and unprofessional. So what are your numbers and rational behind other than verbiage?

#46     Jul 29, 2013
  7. in Poland? ;-)

#47     Jul 29, 2013
  8. Pipflow

Pipflow

Let us know what are your requirements to select the traders so that we also could apply for the job.

#48     Jul 31, 2013
  9. They would have to pay me more than $2M a year to stop me trading on my own.

I have no clue why any good trader would want to stop trading his own account and starts giving half of his profits away.

Doesn't make any sense.

#49     Jul 31, 2013
  10. You need a COO who has done this before even if only on a small scale. Do not reinvent the wheel.

#50     Jul 31, 2013