Hire "traders" to work for you?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, May 15, 2007.

1. I live in upstate New York. The pros are low office rents, lower salary to pay out, lot sof colleges in the area.

The con is that most of the 'talent' goes to NYC to work.

#11     May 15, 2007
  2. Exactly. You are just looking for execution traders. Well take a look at what's been going on in the industry with execution traders. Replaced by computers.
    It's more cost effective to invest in an order execution code. Plus, the markets are more comptuer friendly nowdays.

If you want the trader to judge the signals, then at least a part of the system is disclosed.

Most realistic alternative is having the human trader handle the exits after the system takes the entry. Will need to disclose the system for that. But this is a serious arrangement which is being used in some hedge funds.

#12     May 15, 2007
  3. A non-discolsure, non-compete would be essential but that only prevents so much. In the end, if you had the system down pat, all you have to do is walk out the door and trade your own money. It would be hard for someone to come after you if you're just trading your money... how could they prove you are using the system?

In the end, as another post said, taking the energy and directing it into a computer code that can do the same thing will save time, money, and hours of frustrations. Assuming you can code the system, there's no reason to hire a person(s) to do what a computer program can do for you.

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. 7 an hour is awesome. I would take that job, if you don't mind living with 20 roommates and eating cat food everyday. How do these greedy companies expect people in this country to live on 7 an hour with a family and kids to raise?

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. Governmental housing and food programs

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. ryank

ryank

Trust me, people that get paid $7 /hr generally aren't worth paying any more than that. You get paid what you are worth, not what you think you are entitled to.

#16     May 16, 2007
  7. Do you think it's ok if a company hires a $7/hour illegal alien or a worker in India for $1/hour with no benefits or should they hire an American and pay them $20/hour plus all the benefits?

#17     May 16, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not necesserily:

1. The worker is not interested in trading particulary, but he needs a job and it is better than flipping burgers.

2. He doesn't have the capital.

3. A sure fixed salary is better than a risky trading on your own...

4. It is better to trade (and risk) someone else's capital with fixed rules and no emotion attached...

See???

#18     May 16, 2007
  9. ryank

ryank

I wouldn't advocate hiring illegal aliens. I would hire someone in India for the market wage if they could do the job, I've heard they do some great work for $5-$15 an hour. Actually, I would subcontract work to someone in India, not hire them. If the job I needed done was worth paying $20 an hour for plus benefits I would hire the American if it was profitable for me.

#19     May 16, 2007
  10. good points.

#20     May 16, 2007