hip hop scum

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by SoesWasBetter, Jan 30, 2018.

1. oldies,but goodies

#31     Jan 31, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wiki:
    In January 1981, "Rapture" was released as the second and final single from the album. The song reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, where it stayed for two weeks. It was the first No. 1 song in the U.S. to feature rap vocals.

And you hip-hop,
    and you don't stop
    Just blast off, sure shot
    'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
    And now he only eats guitars

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    #32     Jan 31, 2018
  3. LacesOut

LacesOut

Yes, when you scan a Led Zeppelin album, it mostly sounds the same too...
    Scanning isn't listening...

#33     Jan 31, 2018
  4. Not sure thats true, about LZ or many others

Does scanning a Beatles album sound the same from track to track.

Don't think so

#34     Jan 31, 2018
  5. lol, Keith Richards says your rap sucks monkey balls

Keith Richards Talks First Solo LP in 23 Years: 'Time Flies'
    Guitar icon previews 'Crosseyed Heart' at intimate NYC listening party

While Richards did not hold back — saving his harshest musical critiques for hip-hop — Daily News reporter Jim Farber noted the guitarist "follows every put-down with a wink."

Still Richards was quick to crack, "Rap — so many words, so little said." He added: "What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there. All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another."

This isn't the first time the guitarist has expressed displeasure for the genre. Speaking to Rolling Stone in 2007, he said, "Hip-hop leaves me cold. But there are some people out there who think it's the meaning of life... I don't wanna be yelled at; I wanna be sung to. I never really understood why somebody would want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face. As I say, it don't grab me. I mean, the rhythms are boring; they're all done on computers."

#35     Jan 31, 2018
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

It is to someone who isn’t listening.

#36     Jan 31, 2018
  7. No, even to someone not listening, actual musicians can vary greatly in the presentation. Not always, and not all, but many can and do.

99% of hip hop and rap sound the same, because, it is the same. Krapp.

#37     Jan 31, 2018
  8. RRY16

RRY16

I blame this whole crappy Genre on The Fresh Prince and Hammer time.

#38     Jan 31, 2018
  9. LacesOut

LacesOut

Again...you aren’t listening.
    So you can’t possibly hear.

Anyone who posts such a video about ‘why hip hop culture sucks’, which was maybe the DUMBEST thing I’ve heard in months...can’t be listening. Admit it - you didn’t even listen to that video before you posted it. You just pasted it because of the title. If I had more time I would transcribe what you felt was so relevant.

East Coast, West Coast...for example....have totally different sounds.
    Totally different flows...

#39     Jan 31, 2018

10. hammer had some skilz

#40     Feb 1, 2018