Hindenburg Research Announces $1,000,000 Bounty For Details On Tether’s Backing

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by RedDuke, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Sig

Sig

I was referring to the corporate bond market, not treasuries.

If this concept that the Fed is controlling all interest rates on company bonds and would buy them back at any time was true than they would all have an interest rate below 2% right now. That's not the case at all, corporate bonds trade at a wide variety of rates all the way up to and beyond 40%. No one is forcing anyone to sell one bond at a 3% yield and another at a 12% yield, that's entirely market forces. I will certainly concede that the base rate is based on treasuries, i.e. if the 20 year treasury rate was 7% right now, that would be the new base for corporate bonds and they would all trade up from there. However that's a far cry from the fed controlling the corporate bond market and this concept that there are no market forces at work in setting interest rates in the bond market.

#51     Oct 22, 2021
    NoahA likes this.
  2. Sig

Sig

Sounds like it should be a Buffet quote though, doesn't it:D Thanks for keeping me honest, you're right.

#52     Oct 22, 2021
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

i'm sure he's said something similar (probably accompanied with a chuckle).

#53     Oct 22, 2021
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Dude, shake my hand man!

#54     Oct 22, 2021
    NoahA and johnarb like this.
  5. patek643

patek643

This is what you said here in this post:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/posts/5476788

"It would be nice to short Tether itself since it could fail without causing a contagion".

Now you are saying you can't short it because it would cause a contagion if it failed and so your counterparty would default and you can't collect? You just contradicted yourself.

Are you going to act as an adult and admit you were wrong? Explain how you add value by being wrong. Let us all hear your nonsensical explanation.

#55     Oct 22, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. patek643

patek643

Show us all the post where I explicitly said that you never said collect and quote it. I only have 6 posts as of this post, it shouldn't be hard.

You can't because you are lying. Caught you again.

#56     Oct 22, 2021
  7. Sig

Sig

Seriously, what is your point and want are you trying to accomplish again? Do you even have any idea?

#57     Oct 22, 2021
  8. patek643

patek643

Before I say my point, I'll note that since you did not or could not address the points in my post here:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/posts/5477315

In your reply above, you admit that you are wrong.

My point is very simple although you have problems grasping that very simple concept: One can short Tether directly.

And it's "what are you trying to accomplish" not "want". The next time you get flustered and can't respond try to at least type correctly.

#58     Oct 22, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Please enlighten us here, how can you short Tether and be sure the other side will pay. Would love to know this.

#59     Oct 22, 2021
  10. Sig

Sig

What is your problem? No one ever said you couldn't short Tether directly, it's just not possible to do so with any assurance of your counterparty. It's possible for a counterparty to fail to deliver in a Tether transaction without driving someone in an adjacent space like a miner to zero. This is all so obvious that it's almost embarrassing for you that it requires saying. We all agree you can short Tether, but the only ways you can do so now is either imperfect or exposes you to huge counterparty risk which was the discussion the adults in the room were having before you jumped in with the moronic trolling. So what were you trying to accomplish again?

#60     Oct 23, 2021