Himalayan glaciers expanding as phenomena puzzles global warming scientists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Wallet

Wallet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PPuk2JQgMkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#11     Jul 26, 2012
  2. Yes me and the worlds scientists and scientific organizations and Exxon/Mobil, we're all chicken littles. Got me. I mean us.

#12     Jul 26, 2012
  3. what is he being deceptive about? i'm not defending the op, but i'm inquiring why you are getting all worked up. the title of this thread is "Himalayan glaciers expanding as phenomena puzzles global warming scientists" and it does puzzle them. in the op, he is not denouncing the credibility of climate change, just posting an excerpt from an article that makes it clear that there are aspects of global warming/climate change that scientists do not fully understand right now.

your vehement reaction makes your point seem more like an agenda.

#13     Jul 27, 2012
  4. GW cultists with an agenda? The hell you say.

#14     Jul 27, 2012

5. Leaving out the part where she says it is not strange to see an area of colder climate - within the larger trend toward warmer

If you can't see how leaving this part out is deceptive, I can't help you. "Not strange" is a little different than the idea that they are "puzzled" about it.

The OP was posting this to make it seem that the scientists are confused.............but they're not. It's a matter of curiosity but not anything that makes them think twice about over-all global warming.

#15     Jul 27, 2012
  6. here's what i wrote: "he is not denouncing the credibility of climate change, just posting an excerpt from an article that makes it clear that there are aspects of global warming/climate change that scientists do not fully understand right now."

you're extrapolating, i did not say they are thinking twice about "over-all global warming." to be effective at arguing, you need to address what is said, not just make up an argument that you want to respond to.

#16     Jul 27, 2012
  7. I all I said after he posted it was that he left out an important part of the article, probably for a reason.

#17     Jul 27, 2012
  8. jem

jem

Well I used to argue with the gw fanatics about the ice in antarctica here on ET... was that you FC under a different handle?

They were going nuts telling us the ice was melting so fast its was over. ... I kept pointing to the fact that their conjectures were based on poor guesses.

s South Pole Ice Melting? Gravity Field Satellites Observe Antarctic Ice Mass Fluctuations Due to El Niño
    ScienceDaily (Oct. 29, 2010) — The change in the

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101029083749.htm

#18     Jul 27, 2012