Hillbilly science in Arkansas classrooms forbids use of word "evolution" by teachers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Scientist discovers that evolution is missing from Arkansas classrooms.

Jason R. Wiles
    Updated: 3/23/2006

In the fall of 2004, I received an e-mail from an old friend back in Arkansas, where I was raised. She was concerned about a problem her father was having at work. “Bob” is a geologist and a teacher at a science education institution that serves several Arkansas public school districts. My friend did not know the details of Bob’s problem, only that it had to do with geology education. This was enough to arouse my interest, so I invited Bob to tell me about what was going on.

He responded with an e-mail. Teachers at his facility are forbidden to use the “e-word” (evolution) with the kids. They are permitted to use the word “adaptation” but only to refer to a current characteristic of an organism, not as a product of evolutionary change via natural selection. They cannot even use the term “natural selection.” Bob feared that not being able to use evolutionary terms and ideas to answer his students’ questions would lead to reinforcement of their misconceptions.

But Bob’s personal issue was more specific, and the prohibition more insidious. In his words, “I am instructed NOT to use hard numbers when telling kids how old rocks are. I am supposed to say that these rocks are VERY VERY OLD ... but I am NOT to say that these rocks are thought to be about 300 million years old.”

Full story here:

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=e7a0f0e1-ecfd-4fc8-bca4-b9997c912a91

2. teaching kids to keep a closed mind is their mo.

http://www.bjupress.com/webapp/wcs/...1&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=1514951

Revealed truth: That which is revealed in Scripture, whether or not man has scientifically proved it. If it is in the Bible, it is already true without requiring additional proof. ...
    Fallacy: that which contradicts God's revealed truth, no matter how scientific, how commonly believed, or how apparently workable or logical it may seem;
    --Bob Jones University, Biology Student Text (3rd ed.- 2 vol.)

3. Ricter

Ricter

Honestly, we may have to start killing these Christians. It's a shame they're not on foreign soil, which makes it so much easier.

4. The neo-commie state of Arkansas is dead last in all metrics that measure Literacy. It is a welfare southern shit hole state like Afghanistan. This is the result of prolonged Inbreeding and religious fundamentalism, or Brain Rot as I call it.