Hillary wants 5 yr Int. Rate FREEZE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IanMacQuaide, Dec 5, 2007.

1. It may not be whose plan it is that is of any importance.

We all know price fixing (in this case putting a ceiling on the interest rate on part of the assets) is bad in economic terms.

But, there is one scary factor we have to consider - Ben.

If Ben thinks it is a good idea and helps printing $$$ along, then anything can happen :)

#41     Dec 5, 2007
  2. timbo

timbo

Absolute money quantity doesn't matter, it's residual returns that implies level.

#42     Dec 5, 2007
  3. Bob111

Bob111

in USSR(if you are trying to compare) you have to work 8-10 hours a day,5-6 days a week to get a sh*thole, smaller than average toilet in US home, after 10 years of working for government. I still remember those times just like yesterday...
    In USSR you may get free apartment or house as a reward for fine job for country, in US –looks like you get rewarded, if you are making stupid, retarded decisions. Compare...

:)

#43     Dec 5, 2007

4. She is a better liar then bullshitter. Bullshitter implies some type of wit. She has none.

Sooner or later her Lesbian activities will come out. Let's see how she bullshits her way out of that.

What irony, her husband gets impeached and loses his law license over perjury while trying to spin that it was just sex. Now she is going to have to liar to the nation that she isn't fucking her female aides.

John

#44     Dec 5, 2007
  5. "Edwards said each family facing foreclosure should have a "right" to individual assistance from their lender, including conversion to a fixed-rate mortgage, capitalizing delinquent payments, cutting the interest rate or forgiving part of the loan."

I've been paying on my 5.5% 30 year fixed for 8 years now. Never late. Could I expect forgiveness of say 10% of my balance? Should I miss a few payments to get into foreclosure land so I can get some forgiveness? When I have 60 payments left, I'll send a note to the lender "See John Edwards for the balance."
    That'll fly.

#45     Dec 5, 2007
  6. "Sooner or later her Lesbian activities will come out. Let's see how she bullshits her way out of that. "

I can hear it now "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..."

http://www.gargaro.com/980126clinton.avi

#46     Dec 5, 2007
  7. promagma

promagma

Yes, unfortunately it seems no one running for president has an original thought about economics. They just repeat the party line and "consult the lawyers". Except for Ron Paul of course (whether you agree with him or not).

#47     Dec 5, 2007
  8. Nobody has caught this one. Here's what really chews my ass.

"The senator promised that, if her provisions are not included in an agreement Paulson reaches with lenders, she will push for legislation that will enable loans to be reworked without first obtaining the permission of investors.

Servicers are reluctant to rework loans due to contractual obligations with the actual owners of the liens, the investors. Protecting servicers against investor lawsuits may encourage them to modify more mortgages for home owners in distress.

Pfotenhauer endorsed Clinton's plan to bar investor lawsuits for modifying loans. "Some indemnification from future lawsuits would let servicers sleep easier at night," he said."

What do you think this will do for investor confidence?

#48     Dec 5, 2007
  9. Maybe she'll have to set up a meeting with Larry Craig to find out what to say.

#49     Dec 5, 2007
  10. Your mortgage wasn't bundled into a mass of dumbshit "CMOs" and sold to Wall St banks and hedge funds who gorged on them as "safe investments" and gave themselves big bonuses for being so clever along the way.

If just Joe Blow gets foreclosed you think they going to care?

If Wall St banks and funds leveraged to their eyeballs in this have to eat them, you think they might be a little more "concerned"?

But at least they don't have to return the bonuses.
    :p

Maybe they are building that International Highway from Canada to Mexico so that it will be easier for people in the US to make that first leg of the trip to Argentina...

#50     Dec 5, 2007