Hillary wants 5 yr Int. Rate FREEZE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IanMacQuaide, Dec 5, 2007.

1. You think that a Giuliani presidency would keep the balance of power in check??? You should do more homework on him. I read a book called Fortune's Formula (excellent book btw) and here is a quote from Rudy on his definition of "freedom" -

"Freedom is the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do and how you do it."

Papers, please!

On the other hand, Hillary is just as scary for the same and different reasons. Love the quote from her about where the money would come from. It's all fun and games until the printing presses dry up.

Ron Paul 2008.

#11     Dec 5, 2007
  2. Help me out here... The OP headline says,
    "Hillary wants 5 yr Int. Rate FREEZE," obviously targeting dems for ridicule.

But, the news headlines say,
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Five-Year Mortgage Rate Freeze Looms
    Wednesday December 5, 3:40 pm ET
    By Martin Crutsinger and Alan Zibel, Associated Press Writers
    Bush Mortgage Plan Will Freeze Certain Subprime Interest Rates for 5 Years

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Bush administration has hammered out an agreement with industry to freeze interest rates for certain subprime mortgages for five years in an effort to combat a soaring tide of foreclosures, congressional aides said Wednesday.
    -----------------------------------------------

Read that again....
    Bush Mortgage Plan Will Freeze...
    for 5 Years
    The Bush administration

I'm not taking sides or anything, but let's face facts, all the politicians are on the same side here.

Protect and bail mortgage companies and their bad loans.

Be careful to look who's behind the red curtain, before jumping to caustic comments.

#12     Dec 5, 2007
  3. "It'll come from where it comes from" sounds a LOT like "It depends was the definition of IS is"

I am serious about moving abroad for awhile. Not just the coming democrats, but many other reasons too. For example, the thread on Brazilians leaving this country..all the best women are leaving us here!:D

#13     Dec 5, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I cannot believe they may approve of this, a 5 YEAR FREEZE, amazing what they can do to stop this from even dropping further. This will only keep real estate in a further decline. Freezing rates like this is not the way to go about this problem, the real way should to be to let it take its course naturally without any interference.

#14     Dec 5, 2007
  5. cstfx

cstfx

Why is the government helping these people when they should be prosecuting them for mortgage fraud?

#15     Dec 5, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

this is a Fu$KING sad....

To have this approved will only make this problem last even further....seems like a free ride for everyone who took out mortgages they couldn't afford, amazing. I guess they will approve of it right before christmas so all those who are just on the edge of losing their house they couldn't afford to begin with, have something to celebrate.

truly fu$king amazing, it really is.

#16     Dec 5, 2007
  7. Yep welcome to the U.S.S.A

#17     Dec 5, 2007
  8. That point is being overlooked for political reasons obviously. I say let the market take care of the situation and let things go as they will go. Govt. bailouts are not going to fix the problem and keeping people in houses they could not afford in the first place solves nothing. For the ones who gamed the system, they should get what is due under the law but banks and mortgage companies are by no means blameless for the fraud that was allowed to take place.

#18     Dec 5, 2007
  9. Because these companies committing fraud are the ones that contribute enormous amounts of money to the politicians' accounts, both official (campaigns, etc) and personal.

Can't bite the hand that feeds you.

The masses are already ignorant enough, just gotta throw em a bone and say you'll rescue them from the evil mortgage lenders....

That way you get votes and money all in one shot.

Surfin' U.S.S.A

#19     Dec 5, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

exactly right, let things go the way they should go without any kind of bailout.

#20     Dec 5, 2007