Hillary vs McCain --> 'Who Cares'?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LT701, Feb 6, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I really dont' think Republicans view the GWB presidency as a disaster. Media controlled brainless lefties think it was but they also thought we were in a depression when the economy by every means of measurement was nearly stellar...

The oddest thing showed up recently, a poll that broke respondents into two categories, left of the aisle and right of the aisle.. the left side reported hugely larger numbers of mental illnesses.... it was more than just significant, there was a huge difference.. so "leftist kook" was what I was hearing decades ago and it still seems to apply..

#21     Feb 7, 2008
  2. SDticks

SDticks

Ok. I live in So Cal. I mean unless we set-up minefields and maybe motion detected guns, I'm pretty sure they're gonna continue to come over.
    Being practical here, I really just wish we didn't extend any type of welfare, public services, or tax dollars other than enforcement dollars to illegals, but I rarely get what I wish for from the gov't.

#22     Feb 7, 2008
  3. LT701

LT701

try this simple test

buy a pack of gum

buy it at next place you see. one simple question, do they charge you sales tax? do we have a gum squad that watches every gum sale and enforces gum tax? --> no

but the consense is, that retail sales tax is ENFORCED and that getting caught isnt worth it

exactly the opposite with the hiring of illegals. change that and it all flows in reverse

yes, it really is that simple - just quit winking at those who break the law

#23     Feb 7, 2008
  4. Have to disagree with you. Bush staked his presidency on Iraq and lost. He would be basking in 70% approval ratings and brother Jeb might be taking measurements for new curtains in the White house but for Iraq.

Bush betrayed his conservative base with a series of blunders, beginning with No Child Left Behind , never vetoing a spending bill , no border enforcement, harshly prosecuting those two Border Patrol agents, a ridiculous expansion of Medicare, Harriet Miers, etc. All in all a terrible president.

#24     Feb 7, 2008
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Forget government, it's shit nowadays, and you don't need a gate guarded community either. I learned Spanish and I get along fine with everybody in town, it's 30% illegals probably, and now we have Section 8 housing so we have the poorest of the poor blacks in town as well which means crime is up literally 10,000 percent since we had nearly none and now we have murder, multiple armed robberies, etc. every month, etc... so I am friendly to the blacks as well, they don't bother me, I make sure I don't look like I have a nickel on me and ride around on a bicycle.. I do tell off the beggars in the parking lots however, that could get me wasted but I could take them with me if nothing else... hee hee, I saw the HBO special on the Iceman, the guy killed 200 people without getting a criminal record beyond road rage but he did a couple things I liked... he offed carloads of bad asses when they got into road rage thingies and he offed aggressive panhandlers... gotta love a guy like that really :D

#25     Feb 7, 2008
  6. SDticks

SDticks

Yes, it's called the state franchise tax board and they do enforce the 'gum' tax.

We as consumers pay the tax, yes. But what about the retailers?
    Big chains, yea, they probably are honest about their sales. What about mom and pop stores? Hahahaha, I bet 90% of mom and pop stores only claim a fraction of their actual cash sales. They collect the sales tax, but don't pay it all to the gov't. Thus, sales tax = not good example.

But, I know what you're getting at, go after the businesses that hire illegals. Ok. Great if someone can come up with a solution that gets it done.

#26     Feb 7, 2008
  7. And let's not forget about skyrocketing poverty, skyrocketing number of uninsured, skyrocketing gap between the rich and <strike>the poor</strike> the rest of the country, stagnant wages, rampant inflation, huge deficits, oil prices, collapsing dollar, the rise of communist China, fundamentalist Iran, totalitarian Russia...

Even conservatives don't think these are good things...Or do they?

#27     Feb 7, 2008
  8. The great liberal myth is that conservatives hate the poor and want them to suffer. Nothing could be further from the truth. The difference lies in what and how much the governmetn should or is able to do.

#28     Feb 7, 2008
  9. Simple, have a maximum wage for undocumented workers. Like a max of $1.00 an hour.

Problem solved.

#29     Feb 7, 2008
  10. Fair enough and that's exactly why I said that even conservatives don't (or should not ) think these are good things.

The fact of matter is 90% of the country are not better off today than they were 7 years ago, many are worse off. And that's before we take our huge national debt into account which we and our children will eventually have to pay and the payment will one way or another come out of our already shrunk and shrinking real incomes.

#30     Feb 7, 2008