Hillary slammed by Hollywood Liberal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 17, 2006.

1. March 17, 2006 -- SUSAN Sarandon doesn't think Sen. Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. "I find Hillary to be a great disappointment," the lefty actress tells More magazine. "She's lost her progressive following because of her caution and centrist approach. It bothered me when she voted for the war. There were brave people who didn't. She's not worse than other politicians, but I hoped she would be better. What America is looking for is authentic people who want to go into public service because they strongly believe in something, not people who are [just] trying to get elected."

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/63236.htm

2. Arnie

Arnie

Even the ultra left knows what a divisive person she is. Can you see McCain vs Hillary? I so hope she gets the nod:D

3. Arnie, McCain is pretty divisive himself. IMO Hillary stands a decent chance if he runs.

4. They both have virtually no chance to be nominated.

5. rev al for president.
    let the blackman runs this nation.
    he built it along with millions of blacks.

6. dddooo, who do you think has the best chance from both sides?

7. George Allen v. John Edwards.

Write in stone.

8. IMHO Gore and Warner on the democratic side (for totally different reasons) have the best chance to win both the primaries and the presidency. I am not sure about republicans but I doubt it will be McCain. He will have an extremely hard time during republican primaries and even if he is nominated which is highly unlikely his closet is full of skeletons. He's never been scrutinzed and his image as a maverick and straight shooter will be trashed within three days after he accepts the nomination. Besides he's too old.

9. BSAM

BSAM

Got to go with Hap, here. McCain is a "watered-down" Republican, just like his little buddy George W. Oddly enough, Susan Sarandon is right: People want someone who strongly believes in something, not just people who are trying to get elected (Bush / McCain).

10. Pabst

Pabst

I agree with you on Allen. Just by the fact that he polls so well as a relative unknown makes me think he's a quietly climbing momentum trade ready to break out.

Edwards though I doubt. While he certainly didn't hurt the Kerry ticket, he didn't particularly help it either. Now out of the Senate, he's also lost his soapbox. (Maybe a good thing for him though. Nothing slows down Prez candidates coming out of the Senate more than those pesky things called rollcall votes...)

He still had difficulty getting past the whole ambulance chasing PI lawyer biz. His resume is hardly inspiring. One lackluster term in the minority. Are his looks good or does he appear bitchy. Sort of a Quayle type thing. Shallow and cute doesn't cut it at that level.

Maybe Hillary is the 1992 Cuomo. Will she even run? She's young enough that she doesn't have to go in two years. I still say if she runs in '08 it's her nomination. Every other Dem is nothing more than a proxy for Bill among the non-lunatic left party faithful. She is Bill.

Not to mention Doc, IMO if the Dems go with a southerner like Gore or Edwards they still lose the South and miss out on some potential swing states. Hillary's the man. No pun intended.:)

#10     Mar 17, 2006