Hillary isn't the only female Republicans fear

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Feb 6, 2013.

1. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/crossroads-ad-mocks-radical-ashley-judd-87252.html?hp=l12

Crossroads ad mocks ‘radical’ Ashley Judd

By: Kevin Cirilli
    February 6, 2013 09:47 AM EST

Karl Rove’s American Crossroads super PAC is out with an attack ad against actress Ashley Judd, a Democrat considering a Kentucky senatorial run against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

Dubbed “Ashley’s Story,” the ad depicts Judd as an out-of-touch, inexperienced Hollywood liberal willing to blindly follow President Barack Obama and who doesn’t even reside in Kentucky, as Mike Allen’s Playbook reported Wednesday. Judd is currently a resident of Tennessee.

The ad quotes Judd speaking in public where she has called herself “delightfully radical,” that she’ll “go wherever” Obama wants her to and calling Tennessee her home.

Crossroads is putting $10,000 into the digital ad starting today, and it will run two weeks throughout Kentucky, targeting its opinion leaders, per a Crossroads release.

The kicker: “Ashley Judd — an Obama-following, radical Hollywood liberal, who’s right at home in Tennessee. I mean Kentucky.”

An actress who has advocated on behalf of humanitarian and women issues, Judd has sought to raise her political profile in recent weeks as she’s considered the run. Last month she attended The Kentucky Society of Washington’s Bluegrass Ball during the Inauguration, a who’s who of Kentucky politics and where she mingled with lawmakers, including Gov. Steve Beshear (D-Ky.).

“I am incredibly honored and frankly overwhelmed by the outpouring of support — that the people of Kentucky are interested in having me represent them is the greatest honor of my life so far, and I am certainly taking a close look at it,” she said at the time.

Judd gently pushed back in a statement her publicist e-mailed to the Washington Post.

“Ashley thanks Senator McConnell, Karl Rove, and their negative allies for all the attention as she considers her future political plans, although a decision hasn’t been made yet,” the e-mail read.

A run would pit her against McConnell — who is now in his fifth term and an experienced campaigner, no doubt, with a wide network of supporters, as the Crossroads ad indicates. But he has seen his popularity dip in recent months. Judd, the daughter of country singer Naomi Judd, recently announced that her marriage to husband of 11 years, NASCAR driver Dario Franchitti, is ending.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. My post is politics related.My post did not insult any ET members

Your post has nothing to do with politics,your post insulted me by calling me a troll.Stay on topic

4. Your incessant/spam like accusations of trolling on the part of other posters on every thread is fricken annoying.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You ARE a juvenile troll, kid.

6. What are you going to do to attract Latinos and blacks and Mexicans and women to your party ?