Hillary, for President?? Thank God, No!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Nov 1, 2009.

1. saxon

saxon

Now it is clear that even the office of Secretary of State is far, far over her head. I think there must be frantic conversations going on at this very minute about how Hillary might be kept in that basement of the State Department and away from any and all microphones or other recording devices for the next decade or so. Her brain dead statements and inuendoes to the Pakistaniis this past week must have set back US-Pakistani relations at least 10 years--and at a critical juncture, and for no good reason. She returns to Washington with what? Another headache for her boss...Obama.

What a sad distraction for an administration that already has a VERY full plate of domestic and international issues to deal with.

A nod to the Clintons was not needed at any point in Obama's ascendency. And now it is all too clear that both of them (Bill and Hillary) should have been put out to pasture in the lush green land of Democratic speaking engagements...and far, far from the levers of real power.

2. Pakistan is a bomb waiting to go off. Diplomacy will only go so far.

3. You ought to read some the dumb comments she said to them. Made her "Sniper Fire" comments look intelligent.

"Hillary Clinton, US secretary of state, said yesterday she found it "hard to believe" members of the Pakistani government did not know the hiding places of al-Qaeda leaders and could not "get at them if they really wanted to". Her comments infuriated officials in Pakistan"

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7f2f5a64-c4f2-11de-8d54-00144feab49a.html

“Maybe that’s the case; maybe they’re not gettable. I don’t know... As far as we know, they are in Pakistan,” Clinton told senior Pakistani newspaper editors in Lahore, AFP reported. “The percentage of taxes on GDP (in Pakistan) is among the lowest in the world... We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,” she said.

“You do have 180 million people. Your population is projected to be about 300 million. And I don’t know what you’re going to do with that kind of challenge, unless you start planning right now,” she said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/print.asp?page=2009\10\30\story_30-10-2009_pg1_1

4. maybe my view is incorrect, but the Pakistanis are going to do what they please..........knocked off Bhutto, who was popular.

It is a hell-hole like Egypt and is too close to the communist
    titans. She probably made things marginally worse, but they aren't going to listen to anybody.

5. Be honest, if Hilary would ever become the democrat nominee for president, you would vote for her.

6. She does not seem to have yet accepted that she was defeated. She just visited Israel. If Israel told her that if she does good work and reapply next time, they would make sure she will get elected, then she did not learn that things have changed and it is the US people who vote and they know a lot more than even her.

7. If I had to choose Hillary or Obama, it's no contest. Hillary in a heartbeat. Whatever she is, she is not a Marxist Commie like Obama and his crew of thugs. And those pieces of shit in the Pakastani government need to be told what's what, and in no uncertain terms. Good job Hillary, keep telling it like it is.

8. saxon

saxon

OK, I'll be honest. I would NOT vote for her.