Hillary finished

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marketsurfer, May 18, 2008.

1. As I wrote earlier, Franken makes no effort to hide his political views. But that is only what makes his accurate assessment of the Republicans entertaining. He presents nothing out of context and shows how the Republicans have thrived on exactly that for the last 2 terms. He is vehemently opposed to misrepresenting the other side to further one's own agenda, and shows how the GOP engages in exactly that activity par excellence. It was an eye-opener. Most of the stuff he discusses I already had a nodding acquaintance with, but I was stunned with the detail and corruption he discloses. Remember, you don't call someone powerful a liar (especially in print) and get away with it...unless it's true. And Franken lines them all up like ducks in a row.

#51     May 19, 2008
  2. President Bush knows his Greatness cannot be seen by mere mortals, that is why he is confident that history will elevate him to his proper status!

Unlike other great Presidents, Bush knew he was great BEFORE he accomplished anything. That is why he knows he will be seen to be so later.

#52     May 19, 2008
  3. hillary still has a chance. I would rather have her as president than Obama bin laden.

#53     May 19, 2008
  4. Techclerk

Techclerk

Hillary as an independent would be hysterical on so many levels. Remember 1992? Bill Clinton debate Perot. After that, Gore debated Perot. After that, Kerry Edwards sued poor Nader off the ballots and lost the election, anyway!

Which is worse? The right to private ownership of a firearm? Or the right to vote for Nader?

Every voter counts and every vote will be counted... My butt!

Hillary trying to get in those debates as an Independent would be a howling screamer. Hillary would be lesser known than Kitty Dukakis if it wasn't for Ross Perot! She's a monster born from the Reform Party's creation. I voted for Perot twice and I am so happy I will not be seeing this unintended consequence's name on my ballot in November.

Just the speculation that Hillary can run independent in 2008 is evidence (in my view) that one of the 2 major parties is going to be exterminated in our lifetimes.

#54     May 19, 2008

5. ok, deal, i will read the book. however, why do you think i am pro republican? I dislike all politicians and believe 99% are corrupt beyond measure. this thread is about buying futures on mc cain for an almost guaranteed profit right now. with this said, comparing the rhetoric between the republican and demoncrats--the rebublicans win hands down for the people who believe they can do it on their own...demoncrats win for those who want govt to help them. demoncrats are the party for the poor huddled masses, the republicans believe the individual actually has the power to change his/her life.

obama dusts off flag pin:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=axg8sEeN3dLA&refer=home

surf

#55     May 19, 2008
  6. CStar

CStar

It was several years ago when information was coming out about surgeries and Alzheimer's. Open heart surgery is now believed to be a risk for Alzheimer's but mostly from the heart-lung bypass machine use. Something about the interruption of normal blood flow, blood pressure changes, etc. while it is being hooked up and used that can contribute to tiny clots forming and reaching the brain. There is also a theory that plaque is broken off during such surgeries and results in the same. Larger clots would of course cause stroke but more attention is now being focused on what damage frequent smaller cots can do over time to the brain. There are other surgery related possible causes to Alzheimer's, like isoflurane, an anesthesia that also kills cells by increasing the activity of an enzyme called capase, which plays a role in cell death by a process called apoptosis.

Here is a link to an article that explains the risk of blood clots after prostate surgery at less than 10%. Let's say 9%, that's still too risky in my book.

http://www.prostate-cancer.com/prostatectomy/side-effects/prostatectomy-side-effects.html

In an effort to try to make surgery less invasive, a doctor in India recorded and appendix surgery where he removed the appendix through the patient's mouth. Progress, really? I've also read articles about doing open heart surgeries with the patient being awake. I don't know about you, but I don't see how this is going to make health care stocks more attractive in the near future, at least not to me.

Pete

#56     May 19, 2008
  7. That's a great sound bite, if only it were true. Let's have this discussion again after you've read the books. Lies first, and then The Truth. I look forward to it. :)

#57     May 19, 2008

8. i am talking in rhetoric only.

surf

#58     May 19, 2008
  9. I find it funny that since Bush is republican and people think he is a horrible president that they don't want John McCain in the White House b/c he is also a republican. Thats like saying Osama and Obama are both Muslim and thus both terrorists. It's just not true.

You have to look at the candidates individual qualifications and viewpoints and less about which party they belong to. Which candidate shares your viewpoints on the economy, abortion, crime and punishment, the war in Iraq, family values, etc.? Thats who you should vote for regardless of political affiliation.

ANYONE that votes for someone based on how they look, their skin color, their sex, or any other superficial crap like that is a moron that deserves to have their voting rights removed.

#59     May 19, 2008

10. Obama is MUSLIM?? That Rev Wright guy who was his pastor is MUSLIM???!!

#60     May 19, 2008