Hillary Clinton "1984"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Show me the southern states that have black U.S. senators, and we can discuss these states voting for a black president...

#51     Apr 6, 2007
  2. ak15

ak15

Very perceptive and also impressive command of the English language.

#52     Apr 6, 2007
  3. Very perceptive and also a impressive command of the English
    language yourself. Did you actually go to school or did your momma
    teach you how to read and write?

Talking about language, how many hours do you think Obama
    has been coached in order to sound like a white man talking
    instead of the way he talked before he was coached?

And did anyone see the bit on TV the other day about an old friend
    of Obama's that is homeless and wants Obama to help him out
    and Obama won't even talk to him? Apparently there is more.
    This friend says he has info that will do Obama in to the point
    where he won't even be elected to anything. Maybe he used
    drugs when he was a teenager or something. His friend is an
    alcoholic. Maybe Obama used to drink until he dropped when he
    was young. I wonder if this friend has been taken care of yet,
    in either a good way or a bad way. You know what I mean?

#53     Apr 7, 2007
  4. Obama has long ago admitted to smoking pot and snorting coke. Any stories like this won't hurt him.

I realize my position on the matter is not the norm.

As far as insufficient experience, I think it is a plus for him. He can position it as "I've seen enough to know how Washington works and it is broken."

It may be that he is getting air time because he is different but so was Bill Clinton when he came from nowhere to win a surprise election. He was articulate, likeable, and God knows he had plenty of skeletons.

As to whether or not he wrote the book himself or had a ghost writer, I don't know but I'm reading his first one now that he wrote before anyone knew who he was, I'll let you know if the writing is markedly different. I'm not sure it makes much difference. What impressed me was the positions he takes, ones that are not traditional.

I think most people actually ARE social liberals and fiscal conservatives i.e. they are neither left nor right but center. This is why Hillary won't win and Bill did. He positioned himself in the center and he actually acted so in many instances, e.g. welfare reform. Hillary is aligned too far left to win the center.

I'm sticking with my Obama prediction.

#54     Apr 7, 2007
  5. If Fred Thompson runs, he would wax Obama's ass.

You have no idea how ugly it will get, the amount of swift boating that will happen to the democratic candidate...

If you really think the fear card the repugniklans know how to use better than anyone is not going to work in 08, you haven't paid attention...

#55     Apr 7, 2007
  6. ak15

ak15

I am too. Notwithstanding quite a few of the idiots and clowns who don't have the faintest notion of what they are talking about.

#56     Apr 7, 2007
  7. If the democrats are stupid enough to nominate Barack Hussein Obama - completely inexperienced, half-black, half-muslim half-senator from a liberal state - he will be wiped out in the general election, he will be lucky to carry 10 states. But I don't think the democrats will be that stupid.

#57     Apr 7, 2007
  8. Probably true. Dems tend to be idealists and progressive, which is why they often struggle when they get power. Clinton was more of a realist than an idealist, the idealism was just a tool to appeal to the dems, but I don't see him really as anything much more than an effective politician. He could just as easily have been a republican if it served his agenda. Bush is an ineffective politician, who was able to turn the fear following 9/11 and the need for a demon to blame into nearly 5 years of blind following...now that the blinders are off, many people are finally seeing the king with no clothes and just his dick in his hand.

Repubs are realists and regressive in nature, which is why they have learned how to get power. Not that they have learned how to govern effectively, but they do know how to play the game and appeal to the lower instincts of the electorate....which I believe will continue to work.

#58     Apr 7, 2007
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually your position is not that far from the norm. Obama is the populist candidate right now. I don't think the drug issue is going to hurt him. And I'm assuming he has no skeletons in his closet. What is going to hurt him is his voting record. It's what hurts all Senators that run for President. It's why Ted Kennedy could not get elected, John Kerry, John McCain, etc. There is a reason why Governors do well in Presidential races.

At the end of the day, Obama's voting record will be out there for all to see and it will be very hard to spin it. I agree, that guy is a terrific speaker, but his actions will define him, not his words. Hillary is not that far to the left. She will run to the center in a sprint. She has already alienated herself from the Far Left crowd. In fact, you can see how close to the center she is when the anti-war protestors are shouting her down everywhere she goes to speak. Cindy Sheehan is attacking her right and left along with most of the moveon.org cult.

The only thing that puts her far out on the left is her universal health care proposal. Although I personally would not define someone on that issue. She has been very moderate in the NY senate and has earned praise from the likes of Newt Gingrich and Dennis Hastert. Plus she will have one of the most likeable first men in Bill Clinton beside her. Hillary is as tough as nails. I really can't say that about Obama. Not saying he isn't, I just don't know that he is. I know Hillary is. And we'll see how tough she is in the debates.

When you lay her voting record on top of Obama's, she wins hands down. The real question here is, what exactly has Obama done in public office? What bills has he sponsored? What has he accomplished? We all know he can speak, so can Alan Keyes, that didn't get him anywhere either. I have not been able to find anyone that can answer me this question yet.

Yes, I agree with you that most people are purple (socially liberal, fiscally conservative). This is another reason why Obama's record is going to sink him. All Hillary has to do is play her cards right. Not saying she can't blow it, but she is in the driver's seat.

#59     Apr 7, 2007
  10. I continue to be surprised by the strong numbers John Edwards is producing. He is such an obvious fraud that i tend to dismiss him out of hand, but shameless pandering to the far left is not a bad strategy in democrat primaries.

#60     Apr 9, 2007