Hillary Clinton "1984"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Could you please point out a mostly white democratic country that has elected a black leader (president)?

I'm trying to remember one, where I can remember several strong women in leadership positions in European countries, even during times of the European monarchy...

Think about it. Cleopatra, Xena--Warrior Princess, Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Isabella of Spain, The Dowager Empress Tzu Hsi, Imelda Marcos, Queen Noor, Leona Helmsley, etc.

Odds favor a woman before a black man as president...

"My interest in this is purely from the standpoint of someone who enjoys watching the process."

Not buying it, you are much too partisan to be objectively watching the process....

#31     Mar 20, 2007
  2. I also believe of the two, Obama's the better candidate. That's not saying much. She's unelectable. It's very hard to win with 35-40% of probable voters viewing you negatively. His inexperience coupled with the obligatory Chicago ethical lapses will knock him out. His flirtation with Islam hurts him FAR more than color.

I doubt in this day and age that race is the deciding factor in many elections. The few folks who'd refuse to vote for a Black probably wouldn't vote for any Democrat so there's no loss of votes. Look at me. You call me racist all the time yet I worked my ass off for Alan Keyes even though I knew he'd hurt me in the Congressional election by being the "R" right above me on the ballot. I love Keyes.

People under 55 have worshipped black athletes, black musicians and Cosby. If you think race would kill off Obama then blame the Left because the right ain't voting for him no matter what.

I still say Gore runs and wins the nomination. If anyone here bets (or trades for that matter) you should take the 10-1 on Gore.

#32     Mar 20, 2007
  3. "I doubt in this day and age that race is the deciding factor in many elections."

Care to name the number of black United States Senators we have had from the southern states who were popularly elected since the beginning of our United States American history?

Oh yeah, race had nothing at all to do with Harold Ford's losing the senatorial bid in Tennessee....

Get real, if that is possible.

Still counting the number of black U.S. Senators including blue states? Here is a hint, it won't take more than one foot's set of toes to count on...

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/hi...s/Photo_Exhibit_African_American_Senators.htm

#33     Mar 21, 2007
  4. Good point actually, I won't vote for Obama and yes you are 100% correct, not because he is black but because of his flirtation with Islam.

#34     Mar 21, 2007
  5. So if Obama was a staunch Israel supporter what would your vote be.

Don't bother responding...

#35     Mar 21, 2007
  6. I just don't like Islam. Today muslim cashiers refuse to handle pork, muslim cab drivers refuse passengers carrying liquor. God (Allah) only knows what they will come up with if/when our president is a muslim.

And yes, the support of Israel is important to me as you are well aware. Obama probably is a staunch Israel supporter but given his muslim connections I frankly don't want to take chances.

#36     Mar 21, 2007
  7. Fallacious. You should know better. No Catholic has been elected President. JFK is Catholic. Therefore Nixon will beat Kennedy.

How many Black's have even run for Senator?

Five have been elected. Two were from Illinois and two from Mississippi.

J.C. Watts was not only elected but also lionized by members of his white Congressional district in Oklahoma.

Ford was torpedoed by the legal history of his family, not race.

#37     Mar 21, 2007
  8. Total BS.

I don't understand why a racist like you wants to deny that race is still a huge factor in America...

Come on, I know you don't like PC crap, why hide behind the fact that race matters in politics much more than gender, i.e. women in politics (senators) versus blacks.

JC Watts was a congressman...doh!

I said U.S. Senators.

#38     Mar 21, 2007
  9. It's so fun to see you come unraveled.

You asked (stated) about Black Senators from the Red state South. 40% of the Black Senators elected in the history of the U.S. were elected in Mississippi.

J.C. Watts is very relevant because he was elected from a gerrymandered White drawn district. Clearly for Watts to be electable in that particular district means he was electable Statewide.

Is there any evidence of Maryland Blacks supporting Michael Steele in his Senate campaign because of his race? Or of conservative whites not voting for him based on race? The only cries of racism in the campaign were allegations that Black Dems were using the "Uncle Tom" card.

Does race matter more than gender? Sure. So what. Religion matters more than gender also. Did Lieberman's Jewish status hurt him when Connecticut Republican's rejected their own candidate only to support the fellow who lost the Democrat primary?

How many Blacks have you voted for Z?

Are you a Sharpton man?

#39     Mar 21, 2007
  10. fhl

fhl

Based on anecdotal evidence :p , there's more reason to believe that it is blacks that prefer their own color than whites.

#40     Mar 21, 2007