Hillary as VP???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Jun 3, 2008.

Hillary Clinton WILL be Obama's running mate.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. Politicians are like elephants...they never forget.

Obama is just as much of a political animal as Hillary, and so are the staunch supporters of both candidates.

They are generally stubborn and petty when it comes to these things.

Bill Clinton refused to put his party above his personal need to remain president.

Bush has put his personal war in Iraq above what is best for his party.

Clinton's lack of drive to get Gore elected in 2000 cost Gore the election, essentially because Gore would not do what was necessary to get Bill 100% behind Gore.

The same may very well happen again. Obama should do whatever is necessary to win in November, even if it means having Clinton as VP.

It would be a major mistake for people to think that Clinton and their supporters "don't matter" or are irrelevant.

Obama is going to have to deal with the Clintons for a long time, and a good politician may hate his opponent, he may hate members of his or her party, but they make sure the voters don't really know that.

It is up to Obama to show he is the "better" man than Hillary, not the reverse.

Hillary has already show everyone that she can be humiliated by a man (think Bill) yet continue to go forward.

See, in America, we love to build people up, tear them down, and build them back up.

Hillary is not going to get the big prize in November without a major problem with Obama...but in the long run she may be the big winner.

People forget how Nixon rose from the dead...

#51     Jun 4, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

IMAO: It's Official: Obama Is Our Savior

"So I guess Obama is now the Democrat nominee or something. Apparently this was part of the speech he gave last night:

"We will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth."

Is that another "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country" moment? It really seems like he thinks more of himself that he does the country. Where did all this unearned pride come from? Is there something about him I don't know? Like does he make this really good omelette that afterwards he's like, "Wow. That omelette couldn't be any better. It was absolutely perfect. I should run this country."

Point is, the dude needs a reality check.

Well, now he'll have to spend his nights wondering if the noise outside he hears is Hillary finally coming to get him. It isn't. When Hillary comes to get you, you won't hear a thing until your neck snaps."

:) :) :)

#52     Jun 4, 2008
  3. it is this mindset that will bring down scientology. if the right, left, and INDEPENDENTS (read: everybody) hate you then it may just mean you are A SCREWBALL !!!

Average Hillary Supporter:
    [​IMG]

#53     Jun 4, 2008
  4. I agree with Dick Morris. Hillary brings little to the ticket as Dems are going to vote Dem anyway. Those that said they'll vote for Mac are similar to Ann Coulter rooting for Hillary when Romney bowed out. She was just pissed off, but flipped back eventually.

Hillary on the ticket drives away any Republicans that may of thought of switching. She is loathed by the right, even though she is right of Obama. Fully 50% of the US hates her.

Obama should, and will, choose someone that is well respected, and will help him take a major swing state. I don't know what his relationship with Strickland is, but that is the most obvious choice. Ohio is up for grabs, and whoever gets it is going to be tough to beat. The other guy will have to run the book on the remaining swing states.

#54     Jun 4, 2008
  5. i'm not an obama supporter

but if i were him i would pick a somewhat cute (compared to hillary) older white woman (like nancy pelosi)...........to satisfy dissapointed older white women.............and as a way to diss hillary who has dissed him so many times.

#55     Jun 4, 2008
  6. Pelosi is possibly the only person Obama could pick who is further to the left than himself. She also has personality issues, and is widely despised by anyone not firmly in the Democratic camp already.

#56     Jun 4, 2008
  7. BO/Wesley Clark ticket seems unbeatable to me.

#57     Jun 4, 2008
  8. Yeah, that would be a good one.

I think its Strickland.

#58     Jun 4, 2008
  9. I think the better ticket would be BO/Jim Webb from VA.

#59     Jun 4, 2008
  10. I don't even know who Strickland is?

#60     Jun 4, 2008